Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Field Management

• bullard
  • bullard
10 years 11 months ago #236159 by bullard
Field Management was created by bullard
Hello
I need some information for the user profile .

In Field Management I would like to combine 2 or more fields. For example, a user can select the languages ​​that you speak from select list + level of knowledge .
For example :
Select language:
- Inglese
- english
- spain

Select gods knowledge level :
- native speakers
- excellent
- good
- school
The site in the final would be displayed like this:
Language: Inglese Level : very good
Language: English Level: school
I would also like that users can enter their work experience:
for example
Company Job City Year
( naturally without limits numbers of rows ) .
Since I have tried in vain to find the solution in " Field Management" I wonder if all this is possible with Community Builder Free or do I have to buy at least CB Query field type plugin.
I would like to specify that I buy in the future CB Pro but first I want to make sure that I can enter all the options I need.

Sincerely
Marinko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• danbo1972
  • danbo1972
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #236752 by danbo1972
Replied by danbo1972 on topic Field Management
I'm not a coder, just ask anyone, but I see you haven't been answered yet so I'll give you my best thoughts on this. I'm sure there are other ways of doing it, but this is all I can come up with.
#1 create a new fields that will store your information. lets call them, cb_Fname, cb_lastname, cb_address, cb_phonenumber. there is a tutorial on creating a multiple selection query field if that suits you.

then, create a delimiter field. In the text editor section of that fields properties you can do something like,

Hello, My name is [cb_Fname] [cb_lastname. My address is, [cb_address]. If you would like to talk to me you can call me at [cb_phonenumber].

It would look like, "Hello. My name is Bob Smith. My address is, 123 Main Street. If you would like to talk to me you can call me at 555446666.
It may be crude, but it works well.

#2) as for allowing them to write in "freely" whatever they want to write. You can either use a text area field or allow them to enter the data through a editor text field.

Hope it helps. Again, Im not an expert at this, but I think those two ideas will help you along.

Good luck.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by danbo1972. Reason: added additional info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon