Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB/CBSubs Funtionality

• hanneslf
  • hanneslf
10 years 11 months ago #236305 by hanneslf
CB/CBSubs Funtionality was created by hanneslf
I have a few questions

1)Is it possible to have a CB User Profile Field where the it could be a number between say 1 and 10000. The user can choose this number BUT it cannot be the same as another user .i.e. All users will have a unique number. Like a select list with only the available numbers.

2)When a CBsubs membership expires it will also clear a CB User Profile Field. It would actually be the same field as above.

3)Does CBSubs have any group membership. What I need it for is family Membership where there is an option to put in the names of family members.

4)Can you set up a membership to start on the 1st Jan and end on the 31st Dec no matter when the user joins?

5)I also have to import users from a CSV file but wont have their password. After import is it possible to generate all the new users passwords and email them their passwords.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 11 months ago #236327 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB/CBSubs Funtionality

hanneslf wrote: I have a few questions

1)Is it possible to have a CB User Profile Field where the it could be a number between say 1 and 10000. The user can choose this number BUT it cannot be the same as another user .i.e. All users will have a unique number. Like a select list with only the available numbers.

No such functionality out of the box.
Someone would have to develop such a field type plugin.

Only unique id at this point is the user_id generated by Joomla.

2)When a CBsubs membership expires it will also clear a CB User Profile Field. It would actually be the same field as above.

You can assign a value to be set for a CB field when subscription starts and reset the value when subscription ends.

3)Does CBSubs have any group membership. What I need it for is family Membership where there is an option to put in the names of family members.

Nope.

4)Can you set up a membership to start on the 1st Jan and end on the 31st Dec no matter when the user joins?

Yes.

5)I also have to import users from a CSV file but wont have their password. After import is it possible to generate all the new users passwords and email them their passwords.

Thanks

You must use combination of CB Juice and than the CBSubs import functionality (to assign initial subscription).

I think you should rethink your membership id concept - letting people choose their membership id is asking for trouble - what if someone selects an id that was previously used and dropped by a different member? Your stats might get messed up.

• hanneslf
  • hanneslf
10 years 11 months ago #236330 by hanneslf
Replied by hanneslf on topic CB/CBSubs Funtionality
Hi Nant,
Thanks for your reply. Will look into CBJuice.

The ID number is for a sail number for members to use when racing. If they are not a member anymore then this number comes free for others to use.

The other option I can use is to manually set the number by the admin which is not such a big deal and gives more control and make the field "read only".

One more question.
Is it possible to clear/reset a CB Field from a selected list of members - manually from within CB?

• nant
  • nant
10 years 11 months ago #236344 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB/CBSubs Funtionality
[quote="hanneslf" post=236330

One more question.
Is it possible to clear/reset a CB Field from a selected list of members - manually from within CB?[/quote]

Nope.

BUt as mentioned you can use CBSubs integration to clear a field value when a subscription ends.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon