Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Pre Sales Questions

10 years 11 months ago #236772 by drobertson123
Pre Sales Questions was created by drobertson123
Hi

Hopefully I have come to the right place to get some pre sales answers about CBSubs.

Currently we have a web site with about 500 subscribers and we are using OSE Membership for recurring billing and other subscriptions with Authorize.net as our processor. The majority of these subscriptions are monthly recurring and quarterly recurring billing. There are also limited time subscriptions to web series we provide.

OSE is giving us lots of problems and despite the support they have been giving us the problems are just not going away. I also have a real issue that every time I upgrade Joomla or Advanced Module Manager I need to re patch several files just to get OSE Membership working.

Here are the major questions I have;

1. Is there a way to migrate our subscribers from OSE Membership to CBSubs without losing the recurring billing that is happening at Authorize.net? We can't expect all our customers to sign up again so this is a big issue.

2. For recurring billing customers is there a way to give them a 1 month free period in the middle of their membership. This would cause them to have their next recurring billing payment pushed back by a month. We do this periodically if we don't hit the goals set for our customers. So far this has been impossible to do.

3. Members can subscribe to multiple programs, for example, a normal subscription plus a subscription to a web series we offer. Can user access to these pages and the menus linking to those pages be controlled through CBSubs? How do we determine who sees what?

4. Can what a subscriber sees be determined by logical combinations of different conditions. ie - show this link to a sales page if they have subscription X unless they also have subscription Y.

5. Does CBSubs use any code that patches the Joomla core or interferes with my ability to upgrade the Joomla software? What about other software such as the NoNumber Advanced Module Manager? Any other conflicts - may not break the deal, but I want to know up front. OSE failed to mention a few conflicts that really messed me up.

6. I am curious why you have so few reviews on the Joomla extensions page. I didn't choose CBSubs originally because there seemed to be no feedback on it.

Is there a way to talk to someone by phone or possibly skype? I have a few other questions.

I appreciate your help, thanks.

-Doug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 11 months ago #236805 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Pre Sales Questions

drobertson123 wrote: Hi

Hopefully I have come to the right place to get some pre sales answers about CBSubs.

Yup, this is our presales forum.

Currently we have a web site with about 500 subscribers and we are using OSE Membership for recurring billing and other subscriptions with Authorize.net as our processor. The majority of these subscriptions are monthly recurring and quarterly recurring billing. There are also limited time subscriptions to web series we provide.

Ok.

OSE is giving us lots of problems and despite the support they have been giving us the problems are just not going away. I also have a real issue that every time I upgrade Joomla or Advanced Module Manager I need to re patch several files just to get OSE Membership working.

Yuk, I was not aware of this.

Here are the major questions I have;

1. Is there a way to migrate our subscribers from OSE Membership to CBSubs without losing the recurring billing that is happening at Authorize.net? We can't expect all our customers to sign up again so this is a big issue.

Nope - your users would have to re-authorize their auto-recurring subscriptions.

2. For recurring billing customers is there a way to give them a 1 month free period in the middle of their membership. This would cause them to have their next recurring billing payment pushed back by a month. We do this periodically if we don't hit the goals set for our customers. So far this has been impossible to do.

Nope - CBSubs certainly does not have such a feature and I am not sure that Authorize.net would support/allow it.

3. Members can subscribe to multiple programs, for example, a normal subscription plus a subscription to a web series we offer. Can user access to these pages and the menus linking to those pages be controlled through CBSubs? How do we determine who sees what?

You can create plans that are mutually exclusive or not. This way people could subscribe to multiple plans in parallel.

Each Joomla content element (individual article, all articles in a specific category, access to joomla component, viewing of joomla module, access to joomla menu) can be protected against any CBSubs plan requiring a plan subscription for access. You can protect the same resource against multiple plans - meaning that any subscription to one of these multiple plans could unlock it.

You can also assign users to new Joomla ACL groups based on their CBSubs subscription (and remove from group when subscription expires). This way you can also control access with Joomla.

4. Can what a subscriber sees be determined by logical combinations of different conditions. ie - show this link to a sales page if they have subscription X unless they also have subscription Y.

You can use CBSubs CB Field integration to assign field values based on plan subscriptions. This way you can have - for example - cb_plan1 = 1 if a user is subscribed to plan 1, etc.

You can then us the CB Content module or the CB content bot plugin (Professional membership required) and use CB field substitutions to show or hide content based on CB Values of users viewing.

So yes there is a way to do this.

5. Does CBSubs use any code that patches the Joomla core or interferes with my ability to upgrade the Joomla software? What about other software such as the NoNumber Advanced Module Manager? Any other conflicts - may not break the deal, but I want to know up front. OSE failed to mention a few conflicts that really messed me up.

WE NEVER HACK.

6. I am curious why you have so few reviews on the Joomla extensions page. I didn't choose CBSubs originally because there seemed to be no feedback on it.

Because the JED team did not approve us to cross list and we are listed under CB Specific Extensions only.

Is there a way to talk to someone by phone or possibly skype? I have a few other questions.

I appreciate your help, thanks.

-Doug

Open a contact ticket (see Contact us link in footer).

10 years 11 months ago #236817 by drobertson123
Replied by drobertson123 on topic Pre Sales Questions
Thank you very much for your replies. The only issue that really worries me is migrating the recurring billing customers over. If you can think of any way of making that happen, even someone we could hire to do it, it would make this decision easier.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon