Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Email Login Form

10 years 8 months ago #240822 by steinsandy
Email Login Form was created by steinsandy
Hello,

I have a new client who wishes to have new members fill out a questionnaire in order to join, (no problem so far) but she wishes to have these questions and their answers completely sent to her by email when someone registers. Is that possible? If so, how?

Thank you,

Cassandra

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cassandra Patton
Founder of Campaign Promotions
Promoting Experts in the Virtual Marketplace
campaign-promotions.com

Joomla 2.5.18 & 3.2.2 * CB 1.9.1 * CB Subs 2.0.0 * PHP 5.3.28 * Opera, Firefox, IE & Chrome (all most current versions) * Hosted by Host Gator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 8 months ago #240897 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Email Login Form

steinsandy wrote: Hello,

I have a new client who wishes to have new members fill out a questionnaire in order to join, (no problem so far) but she wishes to have these questions and their answers completely sent to her by email when someone registers. Is that possible? If so, how?

Thank you,

Cassandra

You can add as many registration form fields as you want on your CB Registration form.

You can also modify your CB language string that contains the messages sent to your moderators to include any fields you want.

Another solution is to use a CB Auto action (professional members) to send such emails after registration form completion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steinsandy

10 years 8 months ago #240940 by steinsandy
Replied by steinsandy on topic Email Login Form
Could you please give me more detailed information about how I would edit the language string to contain the fiends in the message sent to the moderators? Just in case my client chooses not to go with a professional subscription, in which I am highly recommending she do.

Thank you once more,

Cassandra

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cassandra Patton
Founder of Campaign Promotions
Promoting Experts in the Virtual Marketplace
campaign-promotions.com

Joomla 2.5.18 & 3.2.2 * CB 1.9.1 * CB Subs 2.0.0 * PHP 5.3.28 * Opera, Firefox, IE & Chrome (all most current versions) * Hosted by Host Gator

• nant
  • nant
10 years 8 months ago #241174 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Email Login Form

steinsandy wrote: Could you please give me more detailed information about how I would edit the language string to contain the fiends in the message sent to the moderators? Just in case my client chooses not to go with a professional subscription, in which I am highly recommending she do.

Thank you once more,

Cassandra

You need to install the latest CB English language plugin from here:

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-en/files

Then go to your components -> com_comprofiler -> plugin -> languages -> en-gb folder and edit your language.php file.

Find the _UE_REG_ADMIN_PA_SUB and _UE_REG_ADMIN_PA_MSG define strings that are used to formulate the email message sent to moderators and change the second one to add the fields you want using the convention [cb_fieldname]

Here are the default settings:

DEFINE ('_UE_REG_ADMIN_PA_SUB','ACTION REQUIRED! New User Registration Pending Approval');
DEFINE ('_UE_REG_ADMIN_PA_MSG','A new user has registered at [SITEURL] and requires approval.\n'
.'This email contains their details\n\n'
.'Name - [NAME]\n'
.'E-mail - [EMAILADDRESS]\n'
.'Username - [USERNAME]\n\n\n'
.'Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for informational purposes only.\n');

Please note that this is not a presales questions - it is a support question.
Please post in the future on the Free support forums for community driven support of on the paid support forums (membership needed) if you want CB Team responses (like this one).
The following user(s) said Thank You: steinsandy

Moderators: beatnantkrileon