Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Antispam

10 years 6 months ago #243792 by hartleyheaton
CB Antispam was created by hartleyheaton
Hi

I have been using CB on my site for some years now but am having a lot of problems with spam registrations. I have had to switch off the registration facility while I try and sort this out and am hoping that adding Captcha to the registration will stop some if not all the spam.

I have been searching the forum and see that CB Captcha is being replaced with CB Antispam however I can't find where I can obtain CB Antispam, I see that CB Captcha is available as a one off purchase. As this is the only site on which I use Community Builder I can't see any reason to purchase membership when I am only after the Antispam plugin.

Please let me know how I can obtain this.

Thank You

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 6 months ago #244044 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB Antispam

hartleyheaton wrote: Hi

I have been using CB on my site for some years now but am having a lot of problems with spam registrations. I have had to switch off the registration facility while I try and sort this out and am hoping that adding Captcha to the registration will stop some if not all the spam.

I have been searching the forum and see that CB Captcha is being replaced with CB Antispam however I can't find where I can obtain CB Antispam, I see that CB Captcha is available as a one off purchase. As this is the only site on which I use Community Builder I can't see any reason to purchase membership when I am only after the Antispam plugin.

Please let me know how I can obtain this.

Thank You

Hi and sorry for the delay in responding - missed this.

CB Captcha is still available for single purchase and still works as designed.

CB Antispam does more than just a captcha challenge and as you noticed it is not available for single item purchase.

10 years 6 months ago #244064 by hartleyheaton
Replied by hartleyheaton on topic CB Antispam
I have added CB reCAPTCHA using Google reCAPTCHA from www.shikle.com/addthisforjoomla.htm which has allowed me to add a CAPTCHA to the end of registration. This seems to have resolved all spam registrations, I have not had a single one since adding this.

This just allows a CAPTCHA to be added but being a free plugin it has solved my problem.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon