Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Are CB builder and CB connect able to store FB profile pictures?

10 years 5 months ago #244351 by mp.accogli
Hello, I'm using joomla 3.2 and I need a component to allow users to register at through facebook.
I also need to allow users to comment contents, and next to comment, I want to appear avatar (the picture facebook account) of the user who has registered through facebook.
1) You can grant me that community builder and CB Connect work this way?
2) Since I'm using hotspot on my site, and as hotspot supports only ccomment for the comments, I'll use ccomment at least in the map. On the reference site tell me that ccomment displays the avatars that are saved in community builder. So I want to know if by registering through facebook, community builder is able to store the FB profile photos.
3) Which subscription should I do? Advanced or Professional? I just need the features that I have described.
Regards, Maria Pia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #244403 by krileon
1) You can grant me that community builder and CB Connect work this way?
CB Connect has a Facebook Social Plugin field to render Comments. Facebook exclusively renders this display (CB Connect has no control over it) and it always includes the avatar. You don't need CB Connect for this though if you just want the Comments Social Plugin. See the below on how to add it to your site otherwise CB Connect can do it using a Facebook Social Plugin field.

developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/

2) Since I'm using hotspot on my site, and as hotspot supports only ccomment for the comments, I'll use ccomment at least in the map. On the reference site tell me that ccomment displays the avatars that are saved in community builder. So I want to know if by registering through facebook, community builder is able to store the FB profile photos.

Commenting with Facebook always shows the Facebook avatar. It will not show the CB site avatar. There is no changing this.

3) Which subscription should I do? Advanced or Professional? I just need the features that I have described.

CB Connect is provided with the Advanced subscription and up. So whichever of those you prefer.

I urge you to try the social plugins without CB Connect first to ensure they'll meet your needs as they'll function exactly the same in CB Connect.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon