Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Question regarding reporting capability in CB subs

10 years 5 months ago #244901 by Contradanza
I'm looking for a Joomla! component to run the membership side of a charitable organisation with around 2000 members. I think that CB plus CB subs would do most of what is needed (collect memberships and renewals, control access to various parts of the site, etc.), but one thing that's essential is the ability to create various member reports and export them in CSV format. For instance, we will need members to be able on registration to opt to appear in and receive a printed member directory, and we will need regularly to export a list of all those who have opted in to this, with their postal addresses.

My question is this: can CB/CB subs offer us this sort of reporting? If not, is there an additional extension available that would? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 5 months ago #244904 by nant

Contradanza wrote: I'm looking for a Joomla! component to run the membership side of a charitable organisation with around 2000 members. I think that CB plus CB subs would do most of what is needed (collect memberships and renewals, control access to various parts of the site, etc.), but one thing that's essential is the ability to create various member reports and export them in CSV format. For instance, we will need members to be able on registration to opt to appear in and receive a printed member directory, and we will need regularly to export a list of all those who have opted in to this, with their postal addresses.

My question is this: can CB/CB subs offer us this sort of reporting? If not, is there an additional extension available that would? Any advice would be much appreciated.

CBSubs has a CB Field integration plugin included that lets you set a CB field value when a subscription starts or ends for a user.

You can then use this to filter a CB User list in frontend to show all your good standing members.

You can also have a similar CB field that users can use to opt-in / out of a public list and you can once again use this to filter a CB User list.

There are similar examples in the CBSubs documentation.

You can also use the CB User manager to Advanced search in backend off these 2 fields.

To export you will probably need to run an SQL script off the comprofiler table.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon