Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Moving to CB

• pmeakins
  • pmeakins
10 years 4 months ago #245581 by pmeakins
Moving to CB was created by pmeakins
I am wanting to move to CB. but would like some advice on approach to some specific functions and whether these are possible in the core - or if there is an add-on/customisation to look at.

What I am trying to acheive is this.

1) Two lists A & B, each list uses a different template, when user selects profile it uses a different template than the default.

2) Multi-Select needs to be populated from - query (what customisation would be required).

In another product i have two lists, each using a completely different template and when I select a user profile is again isnt using a default template but one defined to that list group.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 4 months ago #245594 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Moving to CB

pmeakins wrote: I am wanting to move to CB. but would like some advice on approach to some specific functions and whether these are possible in the core - or if there is an add-on/customisation to look at.

What I am trying to acheive is this.

1) Two lists A & B, each list uses a different template, when user selects profile it uses a different template than the default.

2) Multi-Select needs to be populated from - query (what customisation would be required).

In another product i have two lists, each using a completely different template and when I select a user profile is again isnt using a default template but one defined to that list group.

1. You should be able to do this with CB 2.0 that has better support for a Joomla menu item for a specific list.

2. CB Query field should be able to do this for you (Professional membership).

• pmeakins
  • pmeakins
10 years 4 months ago #245628 by pmeakins
Replied by pmeakins on topic Moving to CB
Is CB 2.0 for production or still in beta.

I have just subscribed to 'professional' so will see how we go.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 4 months ago #245633 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Moving to CB

pmeakins wrote: Is CB 2.0 for production or still in beta.

I have just subscribed to 'professional' so will see how we go.

CB 2.0 is currently in beta4 status and NOT for production. It is only for testing purposes.

Please post any CB 2.0 b4 feedback on the Professional forums so we can improve in case you find an issue.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon