Skip to Content Skip to Menu

pre-sales question- USA epay integration

• bmowrey
  • bmowrey
10 years 4 months ago #246078 by bmowrey
USA epay allows the types of products i sell and very few others do, but it appears it is not among the supported gateways. They do have a Authorize.net compatible method, so would i be able to alter the URL using auth.net API to target usaepay? Or, could you offer usaepay as a gateway- integration? wouldnt take more than a few hours i would think...
vielen dank

bart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 4 months ago #246086 by nant
Replied by nant on topic pre-sales question- USA epay integration

bmowrey wrote: USA epay allows the types of products i sell and very few others do, but it appears it is not among the supported gateways. They do have a Authorize.net compatible method, so would i be able to alter the URL using auth.net API to target usaepay? Or, could you offer usaepay as a gateway- integration? wouldnt take more than a few hours i would think...
vielen dank

bart

Hi and thanks for contacting us here.

We do not have built-in support for usaepay, but if it is an emulation of authorize.net then you should be able to use the authorize.net gateway properly configured to point to your usaepay servers.

Regarding your "wouldnt take more than a few hours i would think..." comment, my experience is that it would take a day or so to find api documentation, study it, get a test account and get in contact with the payment provider for development support if needed.

• bmowrey
  • bmowrey
10 years 4 months ago #246104 by bmowrey
Replied by bmowrey on topic pre-sales question- USA epay integration
Having done a fair bit of development myself, i get that the process requires a fair bit of work and usually its a few hundred percent more than you'd ever like or reasonably expect. That being said, my point was that USAepay did a smart thing by writing an API that fully emulated the auth.net process so that devs could use existing code with few or no alterations, merely the URLs, hence my seemingly oversimplified observation. If it's indeed possible for the user to edit the URL for the auth.net, that accomplishes my objectives without a new gateway-specific plugin.
Bart

• nant
  • nant
10 years 4 months ago #246106 by nant
Replied by nant on topic pre-sales question- USA epay integration

bmowrey wrote: Having done a fair bit of development myself, i get that the process requires a fair bit of work and usually its a few hundred percent more than you'd ever like or reasonably expect. That being said, my point was that USAepay did a smart thing by writing an API that fully emulated the auth.net process so that devs could use existing code with few or no alterations, merely the URLs, hence my seemingly oversimplified observation. If it's indeed possible for the user to edit the URL for the auth.net, that accomplishes my objectives without a new gateway-specific plugin.
Bart

Yup - most of our CBSubs GPL gateway implementations have such an emulation feature built in and when enabled the configuration panel will automatically ask you to give alternative URLs.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon