Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSubs License Active on Site I took Over -- how do I retrieve the login for here?

• testaddr
  • testaddr
10 years 4 months ago #246085 by testaddr
I took over the development for a joomla site over a year ago, and upgraded it from dinosaur age Joomla. In the process, I think CBSubs got semi-broken (it's looking for index2.php which no longer exists, but I cannot be positive of the timing because the client just told me now.)

I'd like to see if the plugin itself is out of date, but it's impossible for me to know without access to that area on joomlapolis. I have no interest in paying when the previous developer did (and did not pass on the login credentials...) -- I have the license identifier for the site, but I see no way of putting that in to gain access. The contact form states clearly it's not for technical support, so how do I go about gaining access to something the client paid for already without needing to buy a new subscription for myself?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 4 months ago #246089 by nant

testaddr wrote: I took over the development for a joomla site over a year ago, and upgraded it from dinosaur age Joomla. In the process, I think CBSubs got semi-broken (it's looking for index2.php which no longer exists, but I cannot be positive of the timing because the client just told me now.)

I'd like to see if the plugin itself is out of date, but it's impossible for me to know without access to that area on joomlapolis. I have no interest in paying when the previous developer did (and did not pass on the login credentials...) -- I have the license identifier for the site, but I see no way of putting that in to gain access. The contact form states clearly it's not for technical support, so how do I go about gaining access to something the client paid for already without needing to buy a new subscription for myself?

[Moving this thread to our presales forum area.]

If you can login to your CBSubs admin area on your site and click on the settings icon you should be able to see the version number. If it is not CBSubs GPL 3.0 then you are out of date.

• testaddr
  • testaddr
10 years 4 months ago #246117 by testaddr
Thank you. Yes, I do see it's 1.0.3 but how can I go about renewing it if I have only the license number and not the login to this site?

• testaddr
  • testaddr
10 years 4 months ago #246118 by testaddr
I mean, I did see
All existing CBSubs customers with an active (as of today, Dec. 29th, 2012) maintenance period get a 75% discount to upgrade to CBSubs GPL 3.0

And we have a perpetual license. My question is how do I go about taking advantage of this without the login credentials?

• nant
  • nant
10 years 4 months ago #246131 by nant

testaddr wrote: I mean, I did see
All existing CBSubs customers with an active (as of today, Dec. 29th, 2012) maintenance period get a 75% discount to upgrade to CBSubs GPL 3.0

And we have a perpetual license. My question is how do I go about taking advantage of this without the login credentials?

Yup, 2 years ago we offered all existing CBSubs customers huge discounts to migrate to CBSubs GPL. Your client (or the person purchasing the proprietary license) got at least 3 emails with offer which were ignored (maybe in spam folder?).

Please send me a Private Message with the site URL and the license number and I will see what discount can be provided today.

• testaddr
  • testaddr
10 years 4 months ago #246150 by testaddr
Thanks, will do.

(My guess is that it was the site's developer who ignored the emails as he really dropped the ball on other stuff :( )

Moderators: beatnantkrileon