Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Band member finder

10 years 2 months ago #247353 by doushabu06
Band member finder was created by doushabu06
Hi! I want to make a community where musicians can find other musicians and people searching for a particular musician/instrumentalist can find them too. Is it possible to customize CB so as someone can register, create a profile and upload videos of their work and it can be displayed like a page or something… Then if a person is searching for a guitar player for example, can search and view their page and see their details, videos, contacts etc. ? I am very knowledgeable in web development and Joomla and I just want to get an idea if this kind of thing can be possible with CB. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 2 months ago #247355 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Band member finder

doushabu06 wrote: Hi! I want to make a community where musicians can find other musicians and people searching for a particular musician/instrumentalist can find them too. Is it possible to customize CB so as someone can register, create a profile and upload videos of their work and it can be displayed like a page or something… Then if a person is searching for a guitar player for example, can search and view their page and see their details, videos, contacts etc. ? I am very knowledgeable in web development and Joomla and I just want to get an idea if this kind of thing can be possible with CB. Thanks

With CB you can create new fields and organize them in tabs for your profiles.

These fields can be configures as searchable and can be also used in CB User lists that are displayed and can be searched.

So you could have a userlist with a field that shows music skills for example - and allow list viewers to search for all users that have guitar skills and link to their profiles.

We also have a video field that is available to Professional members that you can use to let your users link a video.

Another option is to use a delimiter field to let users link a youtube playlist in their profile.

Examples here:
www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18403-delimiter-field-magic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon