Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Church Website Member Directory

• kkrie616
  • kkrie616
10 years 2 months ago #247455 by kkrie616
Church Website Member Directory was created by kkrie616
I build many church websites and have a church that want's a backend membership directory.

Functions needed:

members create account
List family members, images, social links (twitter, facebook, etc)
Business listing - if member owns a business they can post it under a category (accounting, automotive, etc)

All members can view each others profiles, all members can search business directory / skill data.

I have tried Jomsocial using a promo code but did not fit my needs.

Do you offer a try before you buy for the professional version? I really do not want to waste anymore money. Do you at least have any summer promo codes?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 2 months ago #247458 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Church Website Member Directory
Hi and welcome to our forums!

Please see comments below ...

kkrie616 wrote: I build many church websites and have a church that want's a backend membership directory.

Once you install CB you will get a CB User Manager in backend where all your users will appear.

You can create CB fields and place them in CB Tabs that will show up in backend area also.

You can search in CB User Manager also filtering off field vales and can also mass email your users from backend.

That's as far as the backend membership directory goes.

You can extend CB with CBSubs if you want to start charging subscription fees for various membership levels.

Functions needed:

members create account

With CB your users can register (CB has its own registration form that should be used instead of the Joomla one). You can add new fields on the CB registration form and even make them required. And you can impose that a moderator approves new registrations if you want (from frontend using the CB Workflows module).

List family members, images, social links (twitter, facebook, etc)

You can create weblink fields (one for each social link) that your users can fill out.

There is no list field, but CB has an editor field that can be used as a free fill field where your users can list their family members and even put links pointing to each member profile.

You can also use the CB Connections feature and create a new connections type - family member.

Business listing - if member owns a business they can post it under a category (accounting, automotive, etc)

CB is not a directory extension. You would need to build this functionality with a Joomla extension that was designed to address it - example SOBI or MOSETREES.

All members can view each others profiles, all members can search business directory / skill data.

Site members can view other profile (this is configurable) and you can create CB User lists that can be used to search for other members based on CB field values.

ALL the above are doable with Free CB (except the paid subscriptions that would need CBSubs).

I have tried Jomsocial using a promo code but did not fit my needs.

Do you offer a try before you buy for the professional version? I really do not want to waste anymore money. Do you at least have any summer promo codes?

Suggest you review above answers and try our Community Builder - it is free.

No need to purchase a membership for what you have written so far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon