Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Is CB what I require

• jpdenny1
  • jpdenny1
10 years 2 months ago #247757 by jpdenny1
Is CB what I require was created by jpdenny1
Hello, having configured the free installation, I am wondering if it is for me. I basically need a system where users register, get a profile, can upload documents, select a course they want to apply to - at its most basic.

I want a registration function (fine, done) but as it's long divided into pages (3, possible?), profile display with tabs for information supplied at registration (fine, done).

Then a side module or user menu whereby one can select the upload documents function and upload docs off a dropdown menu title selection and then the doc itself uploaded. Also, here another selection where a client could select a few options from drop down menus (applications).

So 3 parts- profile with registration tabs, doc upload, and applications. With a module showing progress on each part if possible.

Is this possible?do I need Pro to do it??please see attachment..I'm basically become stuck with trying to do this, would be a beginner but quick learner. Any info/direction appreciated :-)

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 2 months ago #247769 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Is CB what I require
To upload documents you either need:

1. CB File field (paid add-on included in membership subscriptions Advanced, Pro and Dev) lets you create 1 or more file fields for your profile. Each file field lets user upload one file.

2. CB Profile Gallery can also be used to allow file uploads in profiles. Part of Advanced membership and above.

3. You can find a Joomla file manager and check if it integrates with CB - search the JED for something that suites your needs.

There is no course selection application unless your courses are configured as a drop-down field in CB - not sure this fits your use case.

Steps registration is currently available with Professional membership (COnditionals add-on) but will be built in to CB 2.0 when released.

• jpdenny1
  • jpdenny1
10 years 1 month ago #248170 by jpdenny1
Replied by jpdenny1 on topic Is CB what I require
Thanks Nick, having slept on it for a few days the CB Profile Gallery is what I need, I think. So the advanced membership is where I'm headed.

I find CB will be good to have from the outset as it has numerous and impressive add ons and is independent of the Joomla system.

So, I'm putting my faith in you guys at Joomlapolis and the system itself. I have trimmed it way down for my needs. I hope it is pretty easy to use all the new stuff with what I have done already e.g. add tabs to the registration process.

Thanks again, like the youtube videos by the way ;)

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9

• jpdenny1
  • jpdenny1
10 years 1 month ago #248171 by jpdenny1
Replied by jpdenny1 on topic Is CB what I require
another question for you guys:

if a document upload tab is visible only after registration, then the user uploads documents - is there a way of getting notifications of this with the Advanced package or would I need the Profile Update Logger that comes with the Professional package?

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9

Moderators: beatnantkrileon