Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSubs a year later

• Dougj
  • Dougj
  • Add-ons
10 years 2 months ago #248056 by Dougj
CBSubs a year later was created by Dougj
I purchased CBSubs a year ago and have been using it ever since. I need to add a plan to it now but am unclear about doing so and the documentation has only made my understanding worse. I do nto want to mess up what is already working.

How do I ask a question? All the CBSubs forums block me? Do I have to buy another membership yet again?

Doug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 2 months ago #248092 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CBSubs a year later

Dougj wrote: I purchased CBSubs a year ago and have been using it ever since.

Great!

And you can keep on using it and installing what you have already downloaded on your future websites even after your CBSubs membership subscription has expired here.

I need to add a plan to it now but am unclear about doing so and the documentation has only made my understanding worse. I do nto want to mess up what is already working.

Would love to hear what part of the documentation is making your understanding worse so we can improve it.

How do I ask a question? All the CBSubs forums block me? Do I have to buy another membership yet again?

Yes, typically to get an extra year of support and new releases a new subscription would be needed.

But go ahead and ask your question here and post the documentation part that you do not understand.

• Dougj
  • Dougj
  • Add-ons
10 years 1 month ago #248175 by Dougj
Replied by Dougj on topic CBSubs a year later
Thanks for the offer. I appreciate the help. Unfortunately I work on this product very rarely as it plugs along on its own well. It would be nice if there was an open forum for users that are out of membership but have purchased products previously. Just a thought.

Now that I am working on my site again attempting to do a site upgrade from J2.5 to J3 and considering the fact that I am one year out from my first memberships I have members whose accounts are starting to expires. Thus the questions.

1)I currently have a one year subscription plan and a donation plan since this is a basic community site and takes yearly memberships in exchange for access to secure website sections. I do however need a FREE plan that I as the admin can sign users up for which in turn allows them the same access to secure content. We have a few customers that have provided services in exchange for a membership so that is why I need this. I do however have no clue how to make this happen? The docs I read thru seem to allow users to sign up for a free membership and I do not want to ever allow that.
2) I need to build a new J3 site as my attempts to upgrade my J2.5 site to J3 keep failing. How do I move my entire Cb/CBSubs to a new J3 site?
3) some of my members at one year have been handing me cheques to extend or renew their membership. So far I have gone into community builder>user manager>subscription tab and renewing or extending their membership. By doing that however I get no option to enter how they paid (cheque vs cash vs money order ) as I do when users first sign up. Should I be manually renewing or extending accounts differently?

Thanks again in advance for the help
Doug

Moderators: beatnantkrileon