Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Connect Questions

• cbasista
  • cbasista
10 years 1 month ago #248200 by cbasista
CB Connect Questions was created by cbasista
Hi,
I am thinking of renewing my CB membership to take advantage of CB Subs and CB Connect. I have questions about CB Connect:

1. When a user registers for an account using Facebook, does this user get created in the backend of CB under Users and in Joomla as well? What information is passed to CB/Joomla?

2. If a user DOES get created from registering via Facebook, do CB Autoactions still process for onAfterRegistration events? (We add some data to a separate non-CB table when someone registers.)

3. Will the user still receive a confirmation email that they signed up?

4. Lastly, if integrating this option on an existing website, are existing users able to do anything with logging in via their Facebook as an alternative login method, without creating a new account?

Thanks in advance for your help! I am curious about this, since offering FB registration/login would make our website more flexible going forward.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 1 month ago #248206 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB Connect Questions

cbasista wrote: Hi,
I am thinking of renewing my CB membership to take advantage of CB Subs and CB Connect. I have questions about CB Connect:

1. When a user registers for an account using Facebook, does this user get created in the backend of CB under Users and in Joomla as well? What information is passed to CB/Joomla?

Yes, a user is created in both CB and Joomla.
Basic information is passed (Name, email, avatar, etc) and also any additional information fields that are configured.

2. If a user DOES get created from registering via Facebook, do CB Autoactions still process for onAfterRegistration events? (We add some data to a separate non-CB table when someone registers.)

I would say Yes - but will ask Kyle to confirm here.

Once again, I would say yes and ask Kyle to followup.

4. Lastly, if integrating this option on an existing website, are existing users able to do anything with logging in via their Facebook as an alternative login method, without creating a new account?

Yes, they can sync up there existing site account with their facebook account.

Thanks in advance for your help! I am curious about this, since offering FB registration/login would make our website more flexible going forward.

Hope I addressed everything and hope Kyle confirms my answers here.

• krileon
  • krileon
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #248217 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect Questions

Yes, it creates the user through normal CB API usage as documented below.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/120-api-usage/18362-registering-a-user-through-cb-api

Yes, the registration and login triggers both fire.

If you have email confirmation enabled, yes, but it's often not recommended as they may or may not have a valid email address (the email address provided by Facebook for example could be temporary or a proxy address).

Yes, there's a "Linking" feature that users can use once they've logged in to link a social site account to their existing CB account.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon