Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Directory CB Solutions

10 years 2 weeks ago #249708 by jagadeesha
Directory CB Solutions was created by jagadeesha
I would like to build same solution which is mentioned in Joomlapolis -> CB Solutions -> Directory
I not sure how it has built. However, I would like to achieve following solution.

1. Build companies directory
2. Create Departments in sub-directory inside companies directory
3. User must buy membership package (CBsub) and register, during registration process, they will choose which directory they belongs.
4. After the registration process, user profile will be visible in respective directory which they've selected during the registration.
5. Finally registered members can browse company directories and locate suitable profiles or members and request them for referral jobs.

I hope above requirement possible from CB and it's add-on. If yes, please guide me how to go about it. I ready ready to buy any package for this solution.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 2 weeks ago #249712 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Directory CB Solutions

jagadeesha wrote: I would like to build same solution which is mentioned in Joomlapolis -> CB Solutions -> Directory
I not sure how it has built. However, I would like to achieve following solution.

To create such directories you would need a Directory extension. Community Builder is not designed for this (although it does support user lists).

We use Mosetree but there are other Joomla extensions that support directories also.

1. Build companies directory

See previous response.

2. Create Departments in sub-directory inside companies directory

This would be something that the directory extension you select should support.

3. User must buy membership package (CBsub) and register, during registration process, they will choose which directory they belongs.

Based on this request, you could just assign users to specific userlists by updating a CB field when user subscribes to specific plan and then using the field as a filter in a CB user list.

This way you can create a user list for a specific department if you want - or create a general user list that you configure searchable by the departmentname field you made.

You might also want to explore GroupJive and use it to automatically create a new group for each department/subscription plan and place subscribers in this group. CBSubs has such GroupJive integration built-in. GroupJive is available to Advanced and above members.

4. After the registration process, user profile will be visible in respective directory which they've selected during the registration.

Yes in the userlist case - no idea how you would configure this with a directory listing extension.

5. Finally registered members can browse company directories and locate suitable profiles or members and request them for referral jobs.

If you are creating a separate subscription plan for each company, then you could use the respective user list.

The job referral process would need to be defined better. Your users could certainly browse profiles and contact profile owners with CB.

I hope above requirement possible from CB and it's add-on. If yes, please guide me how to go about it. I ready ready to buy any package for this solution.

Thank you.

I answered as best as possible.

You will not find something tailored specific to your list and you would really need to make adjustments based on existing functionality and your ideal processes.

There are certainly lots or building blocks in CBSubs and in CB/GroupJive that would help you, but no directory extension as I pointed out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jagadeesha

10 years 2 weeks ago #249717 by jagadeesha
Replied by jagadeesha on topic Directory CB Solutions
Thanks Nick for providing in-line answers to my query. If possible I will consider CBSubs and in CB/GroupJive product in my project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon