Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Users must subscribe to PM

10 years 1 week ago #250161 by julessteve21
Users must subscribe to PM was created by julessteve21
Hi,
Prior to purchase I'd like to know if it is possible to do the following:
1) Users fill in details on registration, the details will then be available for the public to view (managed to do this from your tutorials with CB, thank you)
2) Registered users must subscribe (?using CBSubs) in order to contact each other through private messaging (CB or uddeIM)
The ideal would be that any registered user can receive an email telling them that a subscriber wants to message them. The registered user would then have to subscribe to read the message.
I have seen websites that do all this so I know it is possible, I just don't know what to use or how to do it!
Many thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 1 week ago #250171 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Users must subscribe to PM

julessteve21 wrote: Hi,
Prior to purchase I'd like to know if it is possible to do the following:
1) Users fill in details on registration, the details will then be available for the public to view (managed to do this from your tutorials with CB, thank you)

Great - glad you are enjoying Community Builder.

2) Registered users must subscribe (?using CBSubs) in order to contact each other through private messaging (CB or uddeIM)
The ideal would be that any registered user can receive an email telling them that a subscriber wants to message them. The registered user would then have to subscribe to read the message.
I have seen websites that do all this so I know it is possible, I just don't know what to use or how to do it!
Many thanks in advance

With CBSubs you should be able to protect specific URLs to the uddeIM extension and require active CBSubs subscriptions to access.

So for example you could protect the compose message URL and the view message URL of uddeIM in CBSubs.

This way a user can see for example just the message summary and when trying to view it all use will be taken to CBSubs subscription page (if user is not already a subscriber).

So the answer is most likely Yes - you would need to experiment and find the right URL-parts you want to protect in uddeIM and then configure them in CBSubs.

10 years 1 week ago #250177 by julessteve21
Replied by julessteve21 on topic Users must subscribe to PM
Thank you!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon