Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Options for forums

• treehstn
  • treehstn
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #255338 by treehstn
Options for forums was created by treehstn
I'm in the process of determining what I need to use with CB Pro for our new website. Does CB Pro come with a forum? Or do I need to add another Joomla extension for one? If so, which ones are recommended? I need a forum that I can regulate different levels of membership that automatically correspond to membership levels in CB Subs.

EDITED: Is it possible to integrate Simple Machines Forum with CB? I'm very familiar with SMF and love the way it works.

Thank you!
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by treehstn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• heyai
  • heyai
9 years 9 months ago #255444 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic Options for forums
Kunena is a popular forum, that integrates with CB. I'm not familiar with SMF.. if they do offer integration for CB it might be on their website.

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

• nant
  • nant
9 years 9 months ago #255463 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Options for forums

treehstn wrote: I'm in the process of determining what I need to use with CB Pro for our new website. Does CB Pro come with a forum? Or do I need to add another Joomla extension for one? If so, which ones are recommended? I need a forum that I can regulate different levels of membership that automatically correspond to membership levels in CB Subs.

EDITED: Is it possible to integrate Simple Machines Forum with CB? I'm very familiar with SMF and love the way it works.

Thank you!

Kunena forum can be installed and it has built-in integration for CB (and CB has built-in integration for Kunena).

See our videos here:
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp0puRITgC7PuyzPsMUECDI46VE7IFSAX

Video #22 is very relevant for this.

Regarding SMF, I believe that their license is not GPL so you might have issues finding Joomla integration for it.

• jb1234
  • jb1234
9 years 9 months ago #255607 by jb1234
Replied by jb1234 on topic Options for forums
Using JFusion will integrate SMF with Joomla in as far as memberlist is shared and there is a common log in. To integrate with CB requires core hacks to SMF.

The easiest option is to use Kuena, which is a straightforward install.

Moving from SMF to Kuena you might find Kuena less well specified. To put that into perspective, Kuena will do most things you need to do, but not everything.

If you want a fully specified forum, I'd use phpbb3 and p8pBB bridge . This runs phpbb3 as a Joomla component and integrates with CB without core hacks.

• treehstn
  • treehstn
9 years 9 months ago #255611 by treehstn
Replied by treehstn on topic Options for forums
Does the phpBB bridge integrate with CBSubs without hacks?

I want people to be able to sign up for a paid subscription and then have the system handle everything in the background. The user should automatically be able to get to the paid static pages on the site and the forum boards that their level of subscription allows.

• jb1234
  • jb1234
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #255612 by jb1234
Replied by jb1234 on topic Options for forums
From the last post in this thread it would seem to?

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/256-cbsubs-support/221887-phpbb-integration-using-cb-subs-cb-and-joomla-3

If it doesn't work then you could use Auto Actions to add subscribed members to a usergroup (and remove them when subscription expired.). If you created a similar usergroup in phpbb the bridge would keep the two in synch. You could then set forum permissions so only that usergroup can access the relevent forums.

I don't know how CBSubs works in detail so there may be a better solution.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by jb1234. Reason: poor english

Moderators: beatnantkrileon