Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Assessing CB's Suitability

9 years 9 months ago #255441 by simonlogan
Assessing CB's Suitability was created by simonlogan
Currently assessing options for a site we've been asked to create which will include a directory of driving instructors - at first this will just be a searchable director/member listing which will list their details (so I'd use custom fields to hold this data) by radius/postcode search - from memory this feature is part of CB using an address/zipcode field but I thought it best to double check. Could users search the members based on proximity to them?

Also in the future they want to be able to let instructors join and submit their details to the site for listing there (so would use CBSubs for this). The last time I used CB there was no easy feature to have different profile types (ie one for instructors then potentially one for the drivers themselves), I believe this was to be achieved either by a third party extension or by conditional fields, which I recall took a while to sort out. Is this still the case with the latest release or is there another method for multiple profile types?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 9 months ago #255461 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Assessing CB's Suitability

simonlogan wrote: Currently assessing options for a site we've been asked to create which will include a directory of driving instructors - at first this will just be a searchable director/member listing which will list their details (so I'd use custom fields to hold this data) by radius/postcode search - from memory this feature is part of CB using an address/zipcode field but I thought it best to double check. Could users search the members based on proximity to them?

There is no proximity searching built-in to Community Builder - you would need to code it or see if there is a third-party solution for this on the JED.

Also in the future they want to be able to let instructors join and submit their details to the site for listing there (so would use CBSubs for this). The last time I used CB there was no easy feature to have different profile types (ie one for instructors then potentially one for the drivers themselves), I believe this was to be achieved either by a third party extension or by conditional fields, which I recall took a while to sort out. Is this still the case with the latest release or is there another method for multiple profile types?

You can use the CBSubs tabs/fields protect feature to show/hide fields and/or tabs based on active subscription. This way different subscribers would show different fields/tabs on their profiles.

Yes, you could also use CB Conditionals to do this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon