Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Renewing Membership Qs for CB Subs

• nextstep
  • nextstep
9 years 9 months ago #256449 by nextstep
Renewing Membership Qs for CB Subs was created by nextstep
Hi, I've worked a little with CB Subs a while back and I am looking to implement it as a subscription payment feature for a small professional group for annual membership fees.

The website and already has profiles set up by countries & states in CommunityBuilder (Joomla 3.3)
sleeptalkconsultant.com

I've been asked the following questions, but I couldn't give an answer.

If there is to be an annual membership fee levied on consultants:

1. Can the initial membership fee be pro-rated? For example someone joins mid year in the 6 month and the renewal is the 1st Jan. can the fee be pro-rated 6/12 ie 50% or any other monthly combination?
2. Can a renewal subscription be deducted on the anniversary of the member joining?
3. Can there be a period of grace where membership details are continued to be displayed (say one month)?
4. On the non renewal of subscription membership details are removed from public view and searching (or after the period of grace.)?
5. If details have been removed from public view because payment is "late" but made within a stipulated period of time (say up to 12 months) can the membership be automatically renewed from the initial membership date and membership continues to renew on that initial anniversary date as though payment was not late?
6. Should the subscription be cancelled, can membership profile details still be visible on to the anniversary of joining?
7. Should subscription be cancelled is it possible that membership is cancelled immediately?

If these questions are answered elsewhere, my apologies, could you give me a link or point me to the documentation

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 9 months ago #256453 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Renewing Membership Qs for CB Subs

nextstep wrote: Hi, I've worked a little with CB Subs a while back and I am looking to implement it as a subscription payment feature for a small professional group for annual membership fees.

The website and already has profiles set up by countries & states in CommunityBuilder (Joomla 3.3)
sleeptalkconsultant.com

I've been asked the following questions, but I couldn't give an answer.

If there is to be an annual membership fee levied on consultants:

Please see answers below.

1. Can the initial membership fee be pro-rated? For example someone joins mid year in the 6 month and the renewal is the 1st Jan. can the fee be pro-rated 6/12 ie 50% or any other monthly combination?

Assuming you are needing calendar plan subscriptions (example starts Jan 1st - ends Dec 31st), you can setup pro-rated pricing based on entry date (expiration date will always be same end of physical calendar date) or you can even configure an automatic discount based on entry date.

2. Can a renewal subscription be deducted on the anniversary of the member joining?

This is the case for non-calendar auto-recurring payments - you cannot do this for calendar plans. The renewal date for calendar plans is the end of the calendar period.

3. Can there be a period of grace where membership details are continued to be displayed (say one month)?

There is a grace period that can be set - the grace period refers to the privileges the plan gives. The plan dates will still show that the plan expired but the user will still be able to access any restricted areas during the grace period.

4. On the non renewal of subscription membership details are removed from public view and searching (or after the period of grace.)?

You can probably set this up in a number of ways.
E.g., place subscribers in a Joomla group that allows them to show up in user lists, use CBSubs tab/field protection feature to show/hide content based on subscriptions, etc.

5. If details have been removed from public view because payment is "late" but made within a stipulated period of time (say up to 12 months) can the membership be automatically renewed from the initial membership date and membership continues to renew on that initial anniversary date as though payment was not late?

See previous comment on anniversary date for calendar plans.
If a subscription expires (and grace period also) then all subscrption privileges will be revoked and reinstated when subscription is renewed.

6. Should the subscription be cancelled, can membership profile details still be visible on to the anniversary of joining?

Nope. Cancellation of a subscription means that all privileges are revoked immediately.
In case of revoking auto-recurring renewal (from the payment processor side), then subscription will remain active until its expiration date but automatic renewal will fail (since authorization has been revoked from the payment processor end).

7. Should subscription be cancelled is it possible that membership is cancelled immediately?

See previous answer - Yes.

If these questions are answered elsewhere, my apologies, could you give me a link or point me to the documentation

Thanks,

You are welcome - these answers assume you are using CB 1.9.1 with CBSubs GPL 3.0 or CB 2.0+ with CBSubs GPL 4.0 RC1+
The following user(s) said Thank You: nextstep

• nextstep
  • nextstep
9 years 9 months ago #256458 by nextstep
Replied by nextstep on topic Renewing Membership Qs for CB Subs
Thanks Nant!

I'll be back when I find out more.

Cheers and have a great 2015!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon