Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Developer for CBsubs? Professional? or Other? for future sales

• Magic2014
  • Magic2014
9 years 8 months ago #257368 by Magic2014
Re-post (posted wrong category as reply)
Hey Guys its Magic,

I know, I've been away for bit, had to do a bit of rework [and if I'm in the wrong forum to ask this question please just reroute me]. Anyway, I've currently got or will be renewing professional membership, but I've been considering developer level because sales may be involved websites. My question is: is CB Subs (the one that will run on CB2.0) actually ready or is it still in development mode? I saw something about a Release Candidate, and I really wouldn't want to make the jump unless it is completely ready to go.

Another consideration is, is developer level the only way to get CB subs? and is CB subs the only way to setup sales, subscriptions etc? Also, if owners add CB subs to their Community Builder website, could it be setup so that their members could use it to transact their own sales, donations, etc as well? Is that something that CB subs is set up for and within its design parameters?

Thanks guys, let me know as soon as you can would you? We're looking to make a decision on this very soon.

Good to be back...
Magic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 8 months ago #257372 by nant

Magic2014 wrote: Re-post (posted wrong category as reply)
Hey Guys its Magic,

Hello - removed your other wrong post.
See answers / comments below ...

I know, I've been away for bit, had to do a bit of rework [and if I'm in the wrong forum to ask this question please just reroute me]. Anyway, I've currently got or will be renewing professional membership, but I've been considering developer level because sales may be involved websites. My question is: is CB Subs (the one that will run on CB2.0) actually ready or is it still in development mode? I saw something about a Release Candidate, and I really wouldn't want to make the jump unless it is completely ready to go.

CBSubs 4.0 RC1 and latest nightly builds works on CB 2.0.4 and we are continually addressing any identified issues in order to reach stability asap.

Another consideration is, is developer level the only way to get CB subs? and is CB subs the only way to setup sales, subscriptions etc? Also, if owners add CB subs to their Community Builder website, could it be setup so that their members could use it to transact their own sales, donations, etc as well? Is that something that CB subs is set up for and within its design parameters?

CBSubs is included in the Developer membership but it can also be purchased separately if you want.

No - CBSubs does not provide shop-in-shop type functionality.
I am not aware of anything that does.

Thanks guys, let me know as soon as you can would you? We're looking to make a decision on this very soon.

Good to be back...
Magic

Hope my answers helped.

• Magic2014
  • Magic2014
9 years 8 months ago #257382 by Magic2014
Thanks Nant,

Just to be clear you're saying that, if I have a CB CBsubs website, my members that have their own pages would not be able to setup any type of sales or donations for just their friends, followers, visitors etc.?

Just to be clear, I would be able to use it for subscriptions, sales, etc., for my members visitors etc. but my members would not. That's what you by no shop in shop.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 8 months ago #257386 by nant

Magic2014 wrote: Thanks Nant,

Just to be clear you're saying that, if I have a CB CBsubs website, my members that have their own pages would not be able to setup any type of sales or donations for just their friends, followers, visitors etc.?

Correct - CBSubs does not handle this.

You can of course configure CB in such a way as to allow users to have their own donation button on their profile page that would connect to their own paypal account - you would have no control on this money flow.

Just to be clear, I would be able to use it for subscriptions, sales, etc., for my members visitors etc. but my members would not. That's what you by no shop in shop.

Yes.

• Magic2014
  • Magic2014
9 years 8 months ago #257390 by Magic2014
Nant, this may just work.

You can of course configure CB in such a way as to allow users to have their own donation button on their profile page that would connect to their own paypal account - you would have no control on this money flow.

I would not need to have control over their own donations. So, just to be clear.

1) I can configure for me (that's what it does)
2) But I also could configure with donate button for member's own separate use??

• Magic2014
  • Magic2014
9 years 8 months ago #257400 by Magic2014
Ok Nant, get back to me please if you're still out there. That last bit of info was helpful. Need to confirm info, though, that site members would be able to accept donations. In addition would like to confirm if can make sales etc with button.

We'll be moving forward just as soon as we hear back from you, or maybe sooner.

Thanks again.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon