Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Core Fields Ajax Plugin

• albowers
  • albowers
9 years 7 months ago #260758 by albowers
Core Fields Ajax Plugin was created by albowers
I searched the forum and website for more information about what exactly this plugin does but didn't find much help. I'm hoping that someone can give me more details here before I decide to purchase a subscription.

Does the Core Fields Ajax plugin allow moderators to edit user profiles without having to enter the Edit page for that profile? In other words, just looking at the profile in a view mode, can the moderator easily edit fields of that profile with ajax?

What fields are editable? I'm not sure what constitutes a "core field." I would like to be able to edit text field, text area, drop down, and radio fields at least.

Is anything editable from the userlist with ajax? I gathered from a forum post that some things were but I couldn't determine exactly what.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 7 months ago #260770 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Core Fields Ajax Plugin

Does the Core Fields Ajax plugin allow moderators to edit user profiles without having to enter the Edit page for that profile? In other words, just looking at the profile in a view mode, can the moderator easily edit fields of that profile with ajax?

Yes, it allows profile edit from profile view on a field by field basis. Ajax editing has an access parameter that's View Access Level based so you can set this to the same view access level you've set for moderators if you only want moderators using ajax.

What fields are editable? I'm not sure what constitutes a "core field." I would like to be able to edit text field, text area, drop down, and radio fields at least.

Any field with a profile edit display can be ajaxed. So yes all the types you listed will work fine.

Is anything editable from the userlist with ajax? I gathered from a forum post that some things were but I couldn't determine exactly what.

Nope, it does not allow ajax edit on userlists. This is due to a limitation of the inputs HTML. You'd end up with duplicate input names and ids as well as jQuery rebinding issues for fields that have jQuery. So it only allows profile view ajaxing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• albowers
  • albowers
9 years 7 months ago #260784 by albowers
Replied by albowers on topic Core Fields Ajax Plugin
Great answers, thanks a lot!

Purchasing now...
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon