Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Community Builder - community

• mlequim
  • mlequim
9 years 5 months ago #264099 by mlequim
Community Builder - community was created by mlequim
Hi there,

I have a newbe question :-), in fact I am hesitating between several community solutions; what I am looking for is something simple, and that could integrate in my website.

I mean, I have already several menus displayed for my website, and some modules, so I just need that CB displayed in a small part of the screen, and only when I select a specific menuitem for communities.

Also I don't need all the modules to be displayed, because my screen is already full of other joomla modules; so is it possible to deselect features of CB or customise layout ? I just need a page for profiles, private messages, possibility to select a user to discuss, and a common section for discussions.

A last thing, is it possible to customise CSS, and is it a responsive design, working as such on mobile ?

thanks in advance :-) !
Michel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 5 months ago #264101 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Community Builder - community

mlequim wrote: Hi there,

I have a newbe question :-), in fact I am hesitating between several community solutions; what I am looking for is something simple, and that could integrate in my website.

Hello and welcome to our forums!

I mean, I have already several menus displayed for my website, and some modules, so I just need that CB displayed in a small part of the screen, and only when I select a specific menuitem for communities.

There are a number of CB related Joomla menu types that you can use.
Suggest you download the also free CB Primer Book and start reading and playing with your CB test install.

Also I don't need all the modules to be displayed, because my screen is already full of other joomla modules; so is it possible to deselect features of CB or customise layout ? I just need a page for profiles, private messages, possibility to select a user to discuss, and a common section for discussions.

You don't need all but you do need discussions and private messaging...

Discussions are handled with Kunena integration and Private messaging with uddeIM integration.

Both are discussed in the Primer Book.

A last thing, is it possible to customise CSS, and is it a responsive design, working as such on mobile ?

thanks in advance :-) !
Michel

CB 2.0+ on a Joomla 3.x website should be totally responsive.

• mlequim
  • mlequim
9 years 5 months ago #264106 by mlequim
Replied by mlequim on topic Community Builder - community
thanks already for those answers :-) !

a last thing maybe, is it possible to desactivate images or videos uploads and allow only text and smileys for discussions ?

kr,
Mchel

• nant
  • nant
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #264109 by nant

mlequim wrote: thanks already for those answers :-) !

a last thing maybe, is it possible to desactivate images or videos uploads and allow only text and smileys for discussions ?

kr,
Mchel

No idea which image or video uploads you are referring to, but yes any such CB or extra add-on features can be activated or deactivated.

It sounds like you are interested in the CB Activity add-on described here:

www.joomlapolis.com/news/18496-cb-activity-30-rc1-released
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by nant.

• mlequim
  • mlequim
9 years 5 months ago #264110 by mlequim
Replied by mlequim on topic Community Builder - community
hello,

sorry by "upload images & videos" I was referring to the fact that in a discussion it was possible to add an image to the public message; but in fact I fear it will take to much storage in my database so I would prefer to desactivate it in a first time.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 5 months ago #264129 by nant

mlequim wrote: hello,

sorry by "upload images & videos" I was referring to the fact that in a discussion it was possible to add an image to the public message; but in fact I fear it will take to much storage in my database so I would prefer to desactivate it in a first time.

yup - doable.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon