Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Group Jive file sharing feature

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #266315 by virtualproject
Group Jive file sharing feature was created by virtualproject
Daer all.
i'm interested to buy CB pro for a University italian project.
Main feature request are social network functionality and file sharing feature, and CB pro has both.
But i have some questions about file sharing feature (group jive):

Can user upload files from local pc?
Can user list all upload files in his profile page?
Can user share file with other user/s?
Can users share files outside the group or only if all users are in the same group?

If not, do you know a plugin to add files upload and sharing feature to CB Pro?

Thank you very much!!

Marco
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by virtualproject.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 3 months ago #266508 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Group Jive file sharing feature

Can user upload files from local pc?

Yes.

Can user list all upload files in his profile page?

No, files are specific to the group. For profile file uploading you'd need to use CB Gallery.

Can user share file with other user/s?

If the user is a part of the group or the group files are set as public then they can access the files.

Can users share files outside the group or only if all users are in the same group?

Only if they're in the same group unless the files for the group are made public.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: virtualproject

9 years 3 months ago #266665 by virtualproject
Replied by virtualproject on topic Group Jive file sharing feature
thank you very much!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon