Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Auto Actions - actions based on fields values whenever they change

• atfs
  • atfs
8 years 11 months ago #272414 by atfs
Hello,

I would like to ask you whether it is possible to do the following, using CB Auto Actions:

I have a list of users with rating fields that only moderators can edit.

Would it be possible, when a change is made to those rating fields, to: (a) send a customised e-mail notification to the user (according to the value of the rating field), and (b) change the Joomla! group the user belongs to?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 11 months ago #272423 by nant

atfs wrote: Hello,

I would like to ask you whether it is possible to do the following, using CB Auto Actions:

I have a list of users with rating fields that only moderators can edit.

Would it be possible, when a change is made to those rating fields, to: (a) send a customised e-mail notification to the user (according to the value of the rating field), and (b) change the Joomla! group the user belongs to?

Thank you

You would need CB Privacy to make the field editable only by CB Moderator and then you would create some CB Auto Actions to do the emailing and group changing tasks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: atfs

• atfs
  • atfs
8 years 11 months ago #272425 by atfs

nant wrote: You would need CB Privacy to make the field editable only by CB Moderator and then you would create some CB Auto Actions to do the emailing and group changing tasks.

Thank you for confiming it is possible.

I chose the vote access in those fields to be, "Moderators only", and it seems that it works as needed.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon