Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How much support?

• ewhitecap
  • ewhitecap
8 years 11 months ago #273192 by ewhitecap
How much support? was created by ewhitecap
I've purchased Joomlapolis before and I may renew my license if I can get support. First, I'm a not a technical person, therefore I look for software that does not require a lot of technical setup. The last time I purchased Community Builder was primarily to use the Facebook/Google login addon. However, I could never get it to work. When I asked for support, I got the feeling that the developer was too busy to walk me through solving my issues.

He [you] said that basically that Google had changed their login API and it works for some folks and not others and that Facebook's API works, that I would basically just have to figure it out. After failing to get either to work I abandoned the system. While I thought that Joomlapolis was a team of developers I got the feeling, after asking for support, that it is supported by one developer, which I have no problem with, as long as I can get the help to get it to work properly. I know you're busy and can't hand-hold every little issue so I always try not to ask for help until I've poured through the forums and tried to solve problems on my own.

My question is, if I renew my license, can I count on you to help me get it to work properly, even if my questions sound basic and elementary?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Satchi
  • Satchi
8 years 11 months ago #273196 by Satchi
Replied by Satchi on topic How much support?
I'm a customer, like yourself so I don't speak for them, but my experience has been that support is amazing.

As long as you communicate clearly what you need to know, they seem to go to great lengths to support anything you need.

There is a Primer (maybe it's new since you last subscribed?) That has a ton of valuable information, especially at the 'just getting started' level. It's written in an easy to understand format.

Also, there are a bunch of CB tutorials on various subjects (usually with a simple walk through) that Nick put on YouTube.

YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/Joomlapolis/videos

Also, most of us will check here regularly and help each other if we know the answers (and offer suggestions, even if we aren't 100% sure we understood - we try)

So, I think the support is enough for anyone with any level of experience, as long as they are sincerely willing to do the work required and to learn when pointed in the right direction.

Ultimately, if you are overwhelmed with anything technical, I don't believe any software with rich features (options) and so much power will be comfortable.

And, support is that, support. If you want to hire someone to install, setup, customize and manage that would be available on one of the 'hire a coder' type sites, or possibly by private arrangement with Joomlapolis. I doubt anyone here would walk you through every decision and option possible.

I hope that makes sense and was helpful. :cheer:

Satchi
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

• ewhitecap
  • ewhitecap
8 years 11 months ago #273197 by ewhitecap
Replied by ewhitecap on topic How much support?
Thanks for your testimonial. I'm adept and following directions, as long as they are clear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Satchi

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 11 months ago #273326 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How much support?
Your issue was with CB Connect. It wasn't something we could simply solve at the time as the plugin flat out needed a rewrite to function again. The rewrite has been started with the release of CB Connect 7.x Beta. This however is a Beta as HybridAuth rewrite is still on-going. At this time you can find the requirements and step by step instructions for configuring Facebook, Google, and Twitter for CB Connect 7.x Beta below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/229505-configuring-cb-connect-7x

With that said CB Connect is quite literally one of our most complex and complicated plugins to deal with. It requires extremely strict configuration for it to work right. On top of that it is highly dependent on API we didn't write (Facebook and HybridAuth library for example). Due to this it is very susceptible to breaking randomly (e.g. Facebook decides to change their API). These types of issues happen with all integrations like this purely because a lot of its functionality is just out of our hands. At this time I can't make a guarantee of its functionality and may not ever be able to due to the above reasons, but will certainly try.

I believe Satchi covered the rest quite well :)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Satchi

Moderators: beatnantkrileon