Skip to Content Skip to Menu

A few questions

• artery
  • artery
8 years 11 months ago #273740 by artery
A few questions was created by artery
Dear Joomlapolis

We are using CB as an Institute membership system. Members get approved and loaded by staff and don't register online. 
They have been paying their annual subscriptions manually for many years and we would like to move the payments online.

1. Can CBSubs link to a custom CB field to see which Institute Membership Level the user is on? (We created a custom CB field that houses our membership levels)
If not, I guess I can use the new CBSubs Plan column for that? I saw a glimpse of it in one of the videos.

2. Do the new CBSubs fields get exported along with the other CB fields when using CB Juice?

3. We are starting new with CBSubs, but obviously in real life existing members will be owing different amounts if they skipped payments in previous years. Is there a way for admin to add individual, additional amounts to members' new subscription plans?

4. Will members see their outstanding/due amounts in the CB Profile? And maybe with a link to make the membership payment?

5. Can the date of subscription renewals be changed by admin. (If the subscription dates are in a separate column I can process it with CBJuice if needed)

6. You don't have a payment plugin for Paygate as far as I can see, so will have to work through Virtuemart to make the actual payment. Is that possible and does a successful payment status get updated back in in CBSubs?

7. Is there a Donation Module for donations? (this not serious)

Hope you can advise.

Have a great day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 11 months ago #273744 by nant
Replied by nant on topic A few questions

artery wrote: Dear Joomlapolis

We are using CB as an Institute membership system. Members get approved and loaded by staff and don't register online. 
They have been paying their annual subscriptions manually for many years and we would like to move the payments online.

Hi and thanks for posting.

Please see answers/coments below ...

1. Can CBSubs link to a custom CB field to see which Institute Membership Level the user is on? (We created a custom CB field that houses our membership levels)
If not, I guess I can use the new CBSubs Plan column for that? I saw a glimpse of it in one of the videos.

You can use the CBSubs CB Fields integration plugin to basically tick a checkbox field when subscription is active or untick when subscription expires. Then you can use a CB User List filtered off this field to display a frontend list of active subscribers.

The CB User Manager also has a CBSubs filtering functionality built-in. This means you can filter off specific CBSubs plans and find users this way in backend.

2. Do the new CBSubs fields get exported along with the other CB fields when using CB Juice?

There are no CBSubs fields. See previous answer.

3. We are starting new with CBSubs, but obviously in real life existing members will be owing different amounts if they skipped payments in previous years. Is there a way for admin to add individual, additional amounts to members' new subscription plans?

You can configure a plan so no gap exists between renewals. This means that if plan expires and user renews the renewal (new subscription) will start when previous one expired. This way they will have to always pay for periods they missed.

There is no way for admin to tamper with payment basket.

4. Will members see their outstanding/due amounts in the CB Profile? And maybe with a link to make the membership payment?

Users will see active subscriptiosn and renewal possibilities and unpaied baskets in their profile subscirptions tab.

5. Can the date of subscription renewals be changed by admin. (If the subscription dates are in a separate column I can process it with CBJuice if needed)

Backend administrators can edit any active subscription and change its expiration date manually (from the Subscriptions panel).

6. You don't have a payment plugin for Paygate as far as I can see, so will have to work through Virtuemart to make the actual payment. Is that possible and does a successful payment status get updated back in in CBSubs?

Nope, someone would have to develop a new CBSubs payment gateway plugin for Paygate.
We can refer you to such a developer if you want.

7. Is there a Donation Module for donations? (this not serious)

Not a module but you can create a Donation plan in CBSubs.

Hope you can advise.

Have a great day.

Hope my comments helped.

• artery
  • artery
8 years 11 months ago #273796 by artery
Replied by artery on topic A few questions
Thank you very much for your time and the explanations.

Just for clarification:

You can use the CBSubs CB Fields integration plugin to basically tick a checkbox field when subscription is active or untick when subscription expires. Then you can use a CB User List filtered off this field to display a frontend list of active subscribers.

Thank you Nick, that is useful. What I meant was - when I bulk upload the members with CBJuice, to which field will CBSubs refer to determine the individual membership plans - a CB custom field, or the Joomla acces levels, or CBSubs fields. (Maybe I don't understand the "Integration plugin" fully)

Backend administrators can edit any active subscription and change its expiration date manually (from the Subscriptions panel).

Again, these will be loaded in bulk with CBJuice into CB - which field would CBSubs refer to to make thesubscription renewal association?

Nope, someone would have to develop a new CBSubs payment gateway plugin for Paygate.
We can refer you to such a developer if you want.

Are you confirming that users can't make payments with Virtuemart? VM is listed in Joomla Extension Directory/CBSubs as an integration. I have a Paygate plugin for VM.
If VM does integrate, do successful payment reflect back to CBSubs?
Yes please provide me with a developer.

Thanks again for your help.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 11 months ago #273801 by nant
Replied by nant on topic A few questions
CBSubs has its own subscriptions bulk import that can be used after you have uploaded rest of contact info using CB Juice.

So process is:

1. Make sure all your subscribers have Joomla/CB accounts (can be doen manually via backend or using CB Juice)

2. Use the CBSubs import functionality to initialize existing users to their current subscriptions. Means that you would need to manually create a csv file with initial subscription data and import (e.g., userid, planid, start date)

Yes I am confirming that VM payment gateways will not interface with CBSubs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: artery

Moderators: beatnantkrileon