Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Query question and Constant Contact integration

8 years 10 months ago #273941 by sh0rtchica
I'm looking for membership software that can accomplish a few things, and I'm wondering if Community Builder would be a good fit. It needs to:

1- Allow user registration with Admin approval
2- Have a pre-populated drop-down field for address. This site is for a community homeowners association and only those with addresses in the community may register. I already have the database table with the addresses in it, that currently populates into a custom registration form. Is this possible using CB Query?
3- Integrate with Constant Contact to subscribe people to the community newsletter
4- Allow community managers to export list of registered residents for mailing purposes

Thank you for your time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 10 months ago #273959 by nant

sh0rtchica wrote: I'm looking for membership software that can accomplish a few things, and I'm wondering if Community Builder would be a good fit. It needs to:

Please see comments below ...

1- Allow user registration with Admin approval

This is supported by Community Builder - please study the CB Primer Book for details.

2- Have a pre-populated drop-down field for address. This site is for a community homeowners association and only those with addresses in the community may register. I already have the database table with the addresses in it, that currently populates into a custom registration form. Is this possible using CB Query?

Yes you can do this with CB Query field plugin that is part of the Professional membership subscription.

3- Integrate with Constant Contact to subscribe people to the community newsletter

Nothing built-in. You should be able to use CB Auto Actions to build this if there is a Constant Contact API that can be used. You might need a developer to help you with API usage (from CC end).

4- Allow community managers to export list of registered residents for mailing purposes

Thank you for your time!

You can use CB Juice to export or just expirt directly from your Joomla database using phpmyadmin.

I think there are also Joomla extrensions available that you can use for this database export.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon