Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB_connect and restrict domain google

• kury
  • kury
8 years 10 months ago #274345 by kury
Hello,

I would like to buy CB_connect, but I need more technical details about it.

1) connection process : what kind of connection process is it ? Does it work with two factors google authentication ?

2) restricted domain : I would like to restrict the connection from google to my domain (which is managed by google). Is it possible ?

3) link between profile and connection id : I have existing profiles in my community builder. When I will install CB_connect, what will happen with my existing profiles ? Will my profiles link to the connection id automatically ?

4) could I have some screenshots of the admin panel ?

Many thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #274371 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB_connect and restrict domain google

kury wrote: Hello,

I would like to buy CB_connect, but I need more technical details about it.

Hi and thanks for posting.
CB Connect is part of the Professional membership subscription along with 23 more add-ons.
If all you are interested in is CB Connect then at this point I would suggest to not purchase because the new version is still in beta form waiting for an external library to go stable.

Extra answers below ....

1) connection process : what kind of connection process is it ? Does it work with two factors google authentication ?

If your Joomla 2-factor authentication is turned on CB will honor it.
With CB Connect you can just configure your registration process to populate its form with data pulled from the relevant social network.

For already linked users, the 2-factor process should kick in during login (I have not really tested this personally but this is my understanding).

2) restricted domain : I would like to restrict the connection from google to my domain (which is managed by google). Is it possible ?

Not sure what exactly does this mean.
If you only want to allow google connect users with specific email addresses (of your domain), then there might be a way to do this with an auto action (different add-on).
Would nee more info to give definitive answer here.

3) link between profile and connection id : I have existing profiles in my community builder. When I will install CB_connect, what will happen with my existing profiles ? Will my profiles link to the connection id automatically ?

Not automatically.
Each user with need to do this manuall on his own and authorize the linking.

4) could I have some screenshots of the admin panel ?

Many thanks in advance

Not much to show really and as noted above I would suggest you wait for the CB Connect 7.0 stable release or find a different solution.

Just trying to be honest and open here.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by nant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kury

• kury
  • kury
8 years 10 months ago #274432 by kury
Replied by kury on topic CB_connect and restrict domain google
Many thanks for your answers!

1) 2-factor authentication :
I was not talking about joomla 2-factor authentication, but about the google 2-factor authentication (which is not included in the joomla native process)
Do you know about it ?

2) restricted domain
In fact, we use google for manage our domain and user accounts. So all of our users are like "username@mydomain.net", and all of these accounts are google accounts.
As our joomla website is only for our users, we want to restrict the access to our domain. Is it possible to do this with CB_connect?

3) link between profile and connection id : is it easy for users to do it ?

Thanks in advance,

• nant
  • nant
8 years 10 months ago #274485 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB_connect and restrict domain google
Please see answers from developer:

> 1) 2-factor authentication :

The Google 2-factor login should work fine as that's what I tested when implementing the secret key input. Used the Google Authenticator on my phone to test. If it's 3rd party though I don't really know. The one I tested came with Joomla unless they removed it. I'm not sure what it has to do with CB Connect, but CB Connect does not utilize the authenticator as the authentication is done by the social site it self.

> 2) restricted domain

CB Connect it self can't do this, but CB AntiSpam can as CB Connect fires the normal registration triggers which could also be acted on by using CB AutoActions. I don't see how it'd work though since the email addresses maybe coming from the social site and likely will not be the email address they're expecting.

> 3) link between profile and connection id : is it easy for users to do it ?

For a user to link their existing account to a social account they just login normally and click the Link button.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon