Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Joomla Extensions for Managing Game Development Communities?

• teresa89
  • teresa89
4 days 22 hours ago #339376 by teresa89
Hi everyone,
I’m in the process of building a website for the Roblox community, specifically for developers who use game enhancement tools like Delta. I’m considering using Joomla for the project, but I’m not sure which extensions would be best for managing user profiles, forums, and possibly even file downloads for the community.Does anyone here have experience with Joomla in similar use cases? I’m particularly interested in extensions that provide robust security, easy user management, and scalable features for a growing user base. Any recommendations before I go ahead with a purchase?
Thanks for your insights!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 days 22 hours ago #339377 by krileon
Community Builder itself already provides the profile aspects.

For security you'll probably want to use CB AntiSpam to add robust spam protections to your registration form.

For Forums there's Kunena, which CB integrates with out of the box.

For file downloads it depends a bit. If it's only to share 1 or 2 files then a File fieldtype would be enough to cover this. Otherwise you'll probably want CB Gallery as it's a multi-media gallery plugin and can support videos, files, photos, etc..

Most communities these days depend on activity feeds and CB Activity provides exactly that. It's filled with all the modern social media features people would expect so it's probably a great fit for your community.

So my bare minimum recommendations based off what you're building would probably be the below.

1. Community Builder (free)
2. Kunena (free)
3. CB Activity (paid)
4. CB Gallery (paid)
5. CB AntiSpam (paid)

Feel free to give everything a try on our demo site below. It regularly resets so feel free to change whatever you like as you explore.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon