Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Multiple users per subscription?

• kbrookes
  • kbrookes
15 years 4 months ago #99912 by kbrookes
I'm trying to find a solution for a client. They are a safety organisation where both companies and individuals pay for membership.

For individuals, it's simple: they pay a price and are able to access the site.

For companies, they offer a one-price membership plan where ALL employees can access the site after the company has paid its once-yearly fee.

What I'd like to know is there is a way to accommodate this within cbsubs?

So a company maintains a single corporate subscription, but any number of users 'associated' with that company would be able to login for the duration of the corporate subscription plan's validity.

Does that make sense? Is it possible?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/12/31 22:07

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
15 years 4 months ago #99920 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Multiple users per subscription?
kbrookes wrote:

I'm trying to find a solution for a client. They are a safety organisation where both companies and individuals pay for membership.

For individuals, it's simple: they pay a price and are able to access the site.

For companies, they offer a one-price membership plan where ALL employees can access the site after the company has paid its once-yearly fee.

What I'd like to know is there is a way to accommodate this within cbsubs?

So a company maintains a single corporate subscription, but any number of users 'associated' with that company would be able to login for the duration of the corporate subscription plan's validity.

Does that make sense? Is it possible?

Makes sense. However 1 subscription is tied to one user for now in CBSubs.

How do you link users with the company's user-account is the main question ?

Depending on how you do this, I could imagine that *maybe* with SQL queries integration plugin and some smart SQL queries you could auto-create and auto-update users' subscriptions with a particular plan.

The jos_cbsubs_subscriptions table is quite straight-forward... of course changes in it outside CBSubs are at user's risk and not supported. So probably paying for an additional integration plugin for that could be the safest way, once you solved the links between users and company, and its management.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• vcvasnau
  • vcvasnau
14 years 9 months ago #119876 by vcvasnau
Replied by vcvasnau on topic Re:Multiple users per subscription?
G'day Beat,

I'm interested to know if there was any further solution to this problem as I also have a similar situation. I manage a site for teachers where we need schools to pay for a membership that will allow a number of teachers to have access to the site (as well as register and maintain their individual profiles).

Could this be a future possible plug-in for CB or CBsubs as I think it could be a powerful tool.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 9 months ago #119880 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Multiple users per subscription?
Assuming the students accounts are already created you could do this with an SQL Actions Query.

You will need a field created in field management to store what teacher the students belong to. Then you'll need queries to insert the subscription for the student based off that field.

This is just one possibility, but is not a guarantee it will work of course. I do not advise using queries to add subscriptions for users, but at this time is the only solution.

It will be possible for your self or other developers to create integration plugins once we've released the CBSubs API. You can also use CBSubs URL if you like to try and create an integration, which will let you execute a code file based on various CBSubs actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• vcvasnau
  • vcvasnau
14 years 9 months ago #119953 by vcvasnau
Replied by vcvasnau on topic Re:Multiple users per subscription?
Thanks for the reply.

So will the API allow the following functions;

1. A school to register and pay for a subscription membership while creating accounts for a set number of teachers (name and email address. When process is complete it will then trigger an email to be sent the teachers to ensure they log on and register their details.

2. The Teachers to be 'linked' to the school's account so when the school account expires so will all of the teachers' accounts.

3. On renewal of subscription, school can then renew the membership which will automatically renew the teachers subscription, or, the school can choose to be linked to a different teacher(s).

• nant
  • nant
14 years 9 months ago #119963 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Multiple users per subscription?
vcvasnau wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

So will the API allow the following functions;

1. A school to register and pay for a subscription membership while creating accounts for a set number of teachers (name and email address. When process is complete it will then trigger an email to be sent the teachers to ensure they log on and register their details.

2. The Teachers to be 'linked' to the school's account so when the school account expires so will all of the teachers' accounts.

3. On renewal of subscription, school can then renew the membership which will automatically renew the teachers subscription, or, the school can choose to be linked to a different teacher(s).

To be honest, what you are trying to do is currently out of the scope of Joomla and CB and CBSubs.

It would need major development.

I would suggest looking for something else - unfortunately I have not seen something close to what you are seeking.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon