Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Problem on groupjive migration

13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #159119 by
we have a problem during groupjive migration (from GJ 1.8 to GJ 2.2) when we click on migrate the site show a blank page on backend

the site is running by Joomla 1.5.22 CB 1.4 GJ 1.8.1 (and off course GJ 2.2)
php 5.2.6-1+lenny9 mysql 5.0.51a-24+lenny5-log
for your info the old GJ have 21 categories and 207 groups some of this groups are joined by over 600 user we think this is too work for the built-in migrate tool

there is a way to import directly from db to bypass the limit of the migrate tool?(we looked at the db table to compare version but gj2.2 seems have huge differences)

any help will be really apreciated

kindly regards
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #159157 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Problem on groupjive migration
Migration can be very heavy based off your previous install. If you receive a blank page then is likely due to out of memory issues. I recommend increasing memory limits if this is the case. Direct database imports will not work, they do not execute triggers or any integrations. The table structures are 100% different.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #159170 by
Hi krileon and thank for your quick reply! ;)

actually memory limit is set to 128mb I try to set to something bigger like 1000mb but it always swhow a blank page (the strange is that the 2 last categories was migrated)

as you can imagine the migration is a topic process for us since the large number of previous groups,there is something else that we can try in order to fix this?

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #159209 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Problem on groupjive migration
Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration (ALWAYS perform this step on blank page) and retry as there is likely an error present. This is the ONLY way to migrate 1.8 to 2.x, sorry. You could try direct movement via database but would be a painful process as the databases do not remotely match up.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by krileon.

13 years 6 months ago #159651 by
Hi Krileon

ok I solve the problem! simply I miss to disable old groupjive 1.8 tab plugin!
now we are able to migrate over 40 categories and 600 groups without problems

thank you for this fantastic plug-in very impressive

regards

Moderators: beatnantkrileon