Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Critical! Login does not work in front end!

13 years 6 months ago #159219 by TheJupiter
J1.6.1+CB1.4
Sometimes if user inputs login data through CB login, there is no actual log-in process.
But in backend he is shown as logged in. =(
The second time I have such a bug. It elimminates some time later itself.
I used different browser on different computers. The problem occurs for specific users. If some other logs-in it is ok. Maybe problem with inside session time of something like this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #159220 by TheJupiter
Replied by TheJupiter on topic Re: Critical! Login does not work in front end!
Problem is solved if I reset (the same password) the password for the user from back-end!!!! But if user has such a problem he would be misleaded and would not notificate admin.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by TheJupiter.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #159297 by krileon
Trying to understand correctly. If you login it sometimes will fail and the only way to finally get in is to restore your password via forgot login then re-attempt to login? Could you please provide steps to duplicate your issue so may investigate further. Have not had any failed logins to J1.6.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by krileon.

13 years 6 months ago #159299 by TheJupiter
Not so exactly.
1)User logged-in some time ago (so in backend I see that he is online)
2)After some minutes, he cannot log-in from front end
3)To restore his ability to log-in I have to go to the back end and reset the password (actually the same therefore there is no reason to suppose that password was changed)
Now the problem is resolved by 3) and no opportunity to repeat it. If it would occur again I would PM you.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #159346 by krileon
Don't understand, why would he need to login if he's already logged in. I can't duplicate your issue. Please ensure you're using CBs login module and no other.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by krileon.

13 years 6 months ago #159354 by TheJupiter
I know it seems misleading but actually it was a case a couple of times. I would notify you and make screen movie next time the problem would appear if any. Thank you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon