Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Secound Picure upload for something special

• bmxnskate
  • bmxnskate
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #160877 by bmxnskate
Hello,

here i have a problem with a second Picture Upload its shows always like in the Avatar the tnnophoto_n.png if no picture are uploaded or if picture was deselected.

Yes I have two Picture uploads one thats the normal Avatar upload that have to show tnnophoto_n.png and a second one that should show no-mii.png. Self by the registration or edit of the profile booth show upload Avatar in the drop down menu, is it possible that the second one show upload Mii Barcode and if nothing is selected its shows the other profile picture no-mii.png?

Thx for your support in advance
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #160889 by krileon
All image fields show the default avatar if no image is uploaded. A workaround for this is to render your new image field using a substitution in a delimiter field. For more on substitutions please see tutorials within my signature. This would allow you to use an IF statement to test if the user has supplied at image or not, if they have then render the field, if not then leave blank. Example as follows.
Code:
[cb:if cb_myimage!=""][cb:userfield field="cb_myimage" /][/cb:if]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: martin@zanit.dk

• bmxnskate
  • bmxnskate
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #161936 by bmxnskate
Replied by bmxnskate on topic Re: Secound Picure upload for something special
Have i understand it right i put in a new Fields delimiter with the code: [cb:if cb_myimage!=""][cb:userfield field="cb_myimage" /][/cb:if]?

Sorry i don't understand it, where i find the delimiter field, do i search the tutorial wrong?

Sometimes you don't want to use a tab, but would love for it to be an actual field instead. This is very possible without breaking the structure of the tab and the usage of the tab while having the benefit of it being a field. Using a Delimiter field you'll need to add the following substitution.

[cb:usertab tab="##" user="#displayed" /]

You'll need to replace ## with the ID (found in Tab Management) of the actual tab you wish to display. Now save your Delimiter field as appropriately, but this isn't enough! If you leave the tab you're trying to render visible as well they'll conflict! So you'll now need to navigate to Tab Management and edit the tab. Then move its position to a "Not displayed on profile" location (doesn't matter which). You now have a working tab as a field!
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by bmxnskate.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 5 months ago #161952 by krileon
You create delimiter fields from Field Management and yes the substitution provided would be its content. The tutorial you copy and pasted is for substituting tabs. The below is the one that would be of interest to you.

www.allmysocials.com/tutorials/item/233-substitution-usage

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bmxnskate

• bmxnskate
  • bmxnskate
13 years 5 months ago #162320 by bmxnskate
Replied by bmxnskate on topic Re: Secound Picure upload for something special
THX a lot, i will try it now :) this link is what i searing for :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon