Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Edit profile fields

• frankgill
  • frankgill
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #160881 by frankgill
[SOLVED] Edit profile fields was created by frankgill
Two short questions

1. Can I or how do I change the term avatar on the profile menu. Allot of my users will not relate to this term and I would prefer either to leave the title out and have a blank image screen that should be self explanatory or use the term photo.

2. I note on the on the profile page there are two tabs, one titles "community" and the other titled "edit". Can I move the community one so. I have asked a few test users to try this page out and they all came back with the request to remove this. i appreciate the importance of this to CB from marketing etc.. perspective but it would be great to be at least be able to reposition it.

Cheers
frankgill
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #160887 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Edit profile fields

1. Can I or how do I change the term avatar on the profile menu. Allot of my users will not relate to this term and I would prefer either to leave the title out and have a blank image screen that should be self explanatory or use the term photo.

The language string can be edited at the below location (path based on CB 1.4 usage) to whatever you like.

FIELD TITLE
IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/
ON: Line 342
Code:
DEFINE('_UE_IMAGE','Profile image');

UPDATE MENU LINK
ON: Line 61
Code:
DEFINE('_UE_UPDATEAVATAR','Update Your Image');

REMOVE MENU LINK
ON: Line 66
Code:
DEFINE('_UE_DELETE_AVATAR','Remove Image');

However, all of them reference Image or Photo. None actually state "avatar" unless the string has been changed to display as such.

2. I note on the on the profile page there are two tabs, one titles "community" and the other titled "edit". Can I move the community one so. I have asked a few test users to try this page out and they all came back with the request to remove this. i appreciate the importance of this to CB from marketing etc.. perspective but it would be great to be at least be able to reposition it.

The profile ordering of tabs is also the profile edit order. You can change this order from Tab Management by using the arrows/inputs or by editing each tab individually.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• frankgill
  • frankgill
13 years 6 months ago #160954 by frankgill
Replied by frankgill on topic forum & cb user registering
I think I figured out the avatar problem. When I register on the home page to get general access to the site I have also an option for users to join the a forum. However, when they click the general rules before joining the forum they are brought to a page which requires them to register again!! it is at this point that the avatar appears and I have just noted that I think this is separate to the CB login in.

The forum I am using is discussion and appears not to have any way of disabling their login in function. What discussion forum seems to work well with cb so that I can get over this problem.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #161009 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: forum & cb user registering
CB only officially supports Kunena which is tightly integrated into CB and CB is tightly integrated into Kunena. I highly recommend using Kunena (it is what we use here). Would seam the current forum extension you're using has its own registration/login progress and is not detecting CB registration/logins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• frankgill
  • frankgill
13 years 6 months ago #161069 by frankgill
Replied by frankgill on topic Re: forum & cb user registering
Sorted, thanks allot

Moderators: beatnantkrileon