Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB User List Formatting

• clickmo
  • clickmo
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #160951 by clickmo
[SOLVED] CB User List Formatting was created by clickmo
I ran into a new problem. I'm trying to generate a List using the Community Builder List feature.

Some of my fields however are dependent. Field B, C and D only display on a specific value of Field A. That works fine and dandy in the user profile section, but when trying to add those fields to a list, I run into a whole new bag of issues.

For starters, I can't conditionally show Field B, C and D in a CB List (that I can tell). To display them in that format on the user profile, I am using the CB Conditional plugin.

How do I go about achieving this on a CB List?
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by clickmo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #161018 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB User List Formatting
CB Conditional does not conditionally display fields on CB Lists, simply build your lists the exact way you want them to look and it will function as such. To do this would be extremely heavy as CB Conditional would need to parse through every field of every user row.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• clickmo
  • clickmo
13 years 6 months ago #161020 by clickmo
Replied by clickmo on topic Re: CB User List Formatting
But that's the problem.

I have 4 fields in total. 1 which is not a problem because it is always there (main category). 3 which are displayed only on specific times (sub categories).

If field A = value 1 => display field B
If field A = value 2 => display field C

So far so good, this works with CB Conditional on the profile.

When I want to generate a list out of the values however, it is asking me which fields to display. Field A is fine, it can be displayed at all times, but B, C and D cannot be displayed at all times.

That's what I'm trying to accomplish in lists. If I were to add all A, B, C and D then inside of my list I would be seeing all 4. Whether B, C or D have values or not.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #161026 by krileon
CB Conditional acts on the API requests for tabs and fields then unsetting those that should not be seen. This should affect userlists as well. You'll need to add the fields you want displayed such as B and C.

Have you actually confirmed is not working by adding them to a userlist? The field will likely still display, but the value shouldn't.

Didn't design CB Conditional to affect lists, but registration and profiles only; your feedback will be greatly appreciated in making and ensuring it too works on lists. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• clickmo
  • clickmo
13 years 6 months ago #161029 by clickmo
Replied by clickmo on topic Re: CB User List Formatting
CB Conditional does hide/show yes, but not in the CB User Lists. I have added all of the fields to one column (A, B, C and D) but they all show up on the list. Whether they have something inside or not.

Now I thought of a small workaround ... unfortunately it doesn't work as well as I had hoped. CB User List seems to be affected by User Profile Setting "Show Empty Fields" found under CB Configuration Manager -> User Profile. This "works" if the field is empty. But just because you hide a field does not make it empty.

Example:

Field A -> Value 1 is selected
Field B -> show
Field B -> Value B1 is selected
Update

Field A -> Value 2 is selected
Field B -> hide
Field C -> show
Field C -> Value C1 is selected
Update

At the end of this scenario, Field A contains Value 2, Field B contains Value B1 and Field C contains Value C1.

Meaning when Field A changed and hid Field B, it did not delete the information inside of it upon update, because that value was previously saved when update was pressed originally.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #161038 by krileon
CB Conditionals does not delete a fields value, it simply show/hides fields, no content is lost during this process. Are you saying that regardless of condition on the userlist the value is ALWAYS shown? If this is the case then yes will need to review further as to what is happening. If the value is NOT showing, but the title IS then is working fine and may need new JS to try and help hide the title (unsure at this point). Will do some testing to further see what's going on, thank you for the feedback.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon