Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB User List Formatting

• clickmo
  • clickmo
13 years 6 months ago #161040 by clickmo
Replied by clickmo on topic Re: CB User List Formatting
I am saying the value along with the name is shown at all points in time.

Is there any way that CB Conditional can be modified to delete the data before the update?

I want it to clear the contents of B, C and D before either B or C or D get updated with new values.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #161082 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB User List Formatting
Reviewed source and there's no way to reliably implement this for userlists. Will be reviewing possibly removing with jQuery (removing from DOM entirely and not just hiding). PHP wise it can't be done without altering the user object, which am not going to do as WILL cause user data loss.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• clickmo
  • clickmo
13 years 6 months ago #161146 by clickmo
Any idea on the time frame for the jQuery review?

I would be very interested in a solution for this.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #161158 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB User List Formatting
No idea, if/when implemented it'd be uploaded to the forge. Currently am swamped with tasks and support and do not have time to focus on incubator projects. Am hoping next week after release of GJ 2.3 stable to focus on releasing several incubator project fixes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• clickmo
  • clickmo
13 years 6 months ago #161185 by clickmo
Alright, well I kind of dug around to see what I can come up with as a solution and found something that works.

Using CB Fields from the Incubator.

I set a trigger for all my changeable fields (B, C and D). onUserProfileUpdate I check if Field A is a value that does not correspond to B, I set B to blank. Repeat for C and D.

Now if Field A is Value 1 and Field B is Value B1 after I update my profile, Field C and Field D get set to blank. Making my list display Field A and Field B like it should.

I guess I will mark this as solved.

Thanks krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon