Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] user list in CB

• frankgill
  • frankgill
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #160983 by frankgill
[SOLVED] user list in CB was created by frankgill
I have installed Cb a few weeks ago. however, before I installed it I was working off the modules and plugins that came with Joomla 1.5 I created a list of registered users directly onto the web page (34). Now that I am working off CB I find that the user list I have on the back end is not appearing on the CB end, except that is for my own login details. How do I import the list into CB so that when I login I can see the list of all users and their profile etc? Do I have to manually retype them in.

Also, I noted that when I set up a few test user name with the modules that came wiht Joomla the test user name was automatically notified of the account was set up. However, when i did it with the CB (i.e. register a test name and email) the same notification did not happen.

Thanks
Frank
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #161023 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: user list in CB
If you're referring to User Management in backend then you need to run CB tools and synchronize your users. You should not be creating users through Joomla, but instead through CB. Users will receive new account detail email (Welcome Email) when created from backend if the user is completely enabled, confirmed, and approved; assuming CB is sending emails correctly (can be tested with CBs Mass Mailer).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• frankgill
  • frankgill
13 years 6 months ago #161070 by frankgill
Replied by frankgill on topic Re: user list in CB
Sorted, Thanks allot

• frankgill
  • frankgill
13 years 4 months ago #166422 by frankgill
Replied by frankgill on topic Re: user list in CB
Hi - remember that problem that was sorted - well a similar issue appeared

I have to re enter the list of users, which I did through CB User management. I categorised them as registered users but when I log into the actual web page to preview the list nothing appears.

I did the various checks on in the tool menu and they were all fine. Attached is the registered user list set up - I have tried a number of options but none worked.
Regards
Frankgill
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon