Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] user menu

• frankgill
  • frankgill
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #160989 by frankgill
[SOLVED] user menu was created by frankgill
I have created a user menu that appears once the user logs in. In the user menu I have the following options
1. Edit/update my Profile - A cb module
2. Change/undate my profile A Cb Module
3. List of registered users
4. Submit an article - A joomla 1.5 module
5. Submit a web link - A joomla 1.5 module

1 & 2 are working fine once a registered user logs in. However when they try to access 3 a line appears indicating that "there are no published users list". When they try an access 4 & 5 a red text message appears indicating they are not authorized to access this resource. I, as a super administrator have no problem accessing any of these links.

How do I correct these issues. I had 4 & 5 set as registered users and changed them to public but the issues still arose.
cheers
frnkgill
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jojo12
  • jojo12
13 years 6 months ago #161001 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: user menu

When they try an access 4 & 5 a red text message appears indicating they are not authorized to access this resource.

In joomla 1.5 you must be at least an autor or higher to submit an article or a weblink.
Give them this rights then you can access. Only registered don't have access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon, frankgill

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #161024 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: user menu

However when they try to access 3 a line appears indicating that "there are no published users list".

You need to create a userlist from CBs backend Userlist Management and ensuring it is published. Once done the link will render the userlist you've configured.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: frankgill

• frankgill
  • frankgill
13 years 6 months ago #161044 by frankgill
Replied by frankgill on topic Re: user menu
Thanks for this.

As a super admin i was able to publish an article directly and submitting an article via the submit and article links enable this. However, I do not want to give direct publishing rights to new authors (I want them to a trusted track record before I give them this right). How do I change the submit an article form/link to ensure that instead of defaulting to publish directly to the proposed library/database that they are reviewed before hand and then published (or declined depending the the review).

I plan to have a user group/panel called reviewers that will be permitted to clear an article for publishing
Thanks
frankgill

• jojo12
  • jojo12
13 years 6 months ago #161063 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: user menu
That's a definition of rights in joomla 1.5:
The person who are "authors" can write articles, but it needs the permission of an "editor" or higher. You have to inform yourself about the differences between author, editor, publisher...in joomla 1.5.
Perhaps that helps. ;-)

• frankgill
  • frankgill
13 years 6 months ago #161067 by frankgill
Replied by frankgill on topic Re:submit article
Thanks for that. I will read up on that.
I am using joomla 1.5 to create a professional library that will have a number of chapters, say for the example three chapters. each chapter dealing with a different topic. Presently, the submit an article apples to all chapters and the users has to select the section (chapter) to which it relates. The thing is that for those who I will not automatic publishing access/rights I want to make this a simple as possible. The format I have at present is

Chapter 1: Care of your pet (example)

you can Read an Article, Watch a Clip or view a PowerPoint. The user will be able to click one of these options and be presented with a number of articles, or clips etc.. I want to include anther option under you can read line. The option is

You can submit and Article, Watch a Video, or view a powerpoint. I want the user to be able to click on one of these options in the chapter so that they do not have to select the section/category - it is done by default. For those who do not have publishing rights we can allocate the category, for those who do have such rights then the selection is automatic.

Might sound complicated but the target population for the library are not all very "computer comfortable" and so I want to make it as easy as possible.

can this be done? If so, How? I want the web page to also 'wipe its own face'

I will read up on the different user vs. editor, publisher etc..

Moderators: beatnantkrileon