Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Paypal Cancellations

• dsohal
  • dsohal
13 years 6 months ago #161043 by dsohal
Paypal Cancellations was created by dsohal
Hi Weve come across a situation where 2 auto recuring subscriptions act differently when unsubscibing from the. The first package goes ahead and downgrades the subsciption when the user clicks on unsubscribe.
The second package acts differenlt when users clieck on unsubscribe. It tells the person to go and unscribe from payapl - why one subscription does this and not the other.

Also when the user has unscribed from payapl it puts an entry on the notifications screen however its doesnt automatically remove the users subscription to anything else

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #161090 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Paypal Cancellations

It tells the person to go and unscribe from payapl - why one subscription does this and not the other.

Apparently 1 subscription is NOT recurring as you're suspecting (or wasn't paid via PayPal). This only happens when a recurring subscription is made through a PayPal purchase, which has to be cancelled on PayPals end.

Also when the user has unscribed from payapl it puts an entry on the notifications screen however its doesnt automatically remove the users subscription to anything else

User remains subscribed until their subscription expires. If they paid for a year, they remain having a year. They can go to profile and re-cancel and that'll remove the subscription entirely if they like. The reason it does this is a user may not want to auto-renew and can cancel from PayPals end without losing their actual subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon