Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Fiscal-year Plan

13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #161110 by jsguenette
Fiscal-year Plan was created by jsguenette
Hello,

Is it possible with CBSubs to have a one-year plan, but that follows fiscal years (1 April to 31 March)?

I currently use a "one year" plan, but if the member takes two weeks to renew, its membership is good until 15 April when it should always end on 31 March.

Is there any way to do this now or it will take a new version of CBSubs?

I've just read another topic on the subject (Australian fiscal year), but the procedure does not seem functional for me. Does the option of having a "custom calendar year" is expected in the short term in the development of CBSubs?

Thank you! :)
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by jsguenette.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #161152 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Fiscal-year Plan
Best I can suggest is use calendar year, which will always end at the end of the year in December. There is no fiscal year duration that I am aware of. In order to have custom duration you'll need to see SQL Actions boards as it must be done through CBSubs SQL Actions and altering the users subscription expiration date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #161493 by jsguenette
Replied by jsguenette on topic Re: Fiscal-year Plan
Hello,

Thank you for the reply, but I can't find it satisfactory. Rather than altering subscription expiration date through SQL Actions, it seems that CBSubs should provide in a future version (short term) the built-in possibility to change the starting date of the calendar year (US = 1 October to 30 September; Canada = 1 April to 31 March). I'm certainly not the only organization that functions with a calendar-year membership starting at another time than January 1 (see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_year ).

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #161520 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Fiscal-year Plan
We've plans to allow providing custom durations. For the time being in current releases you must use one of the specified durations in the drop-down or use SQL Actions to alter the users subscription date, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon