Skip to Content Skip to Menu

mod_cbpblatest output bug and adjustments

• Avasa
  • Avasa
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #161117 by Avasa
Hello -

I'm using mod_cbpblatest inside of roktabs to display latest blog only, embedded in an article with Modules Anywhere.

I have two issues:

1. I can't get it work in username mode (no avatar, just show username)

I implemented the fix suggested in thread www.joomlapolis.com/forum/121-profilebook/137398-solved-module-cbpblatest-wall-entry-incorrect?limit=6&start=6 but once nested inside of roktabs, it doesn't work anymore.

Should I be using the MYSQL query that user marykroeger proposed since the simple swapout of changing the modules code from formatname to name doesn't hold?

2. In avatar only mode, the size of thumb is HUGE for a module and I don't want to change it in CB itself, since it's perfect there; also when avatars are showing, I needed to kill the bullets, and did (see 2a)

b) I've gotten rid of the bullets so that's solved by changing

Line 96:
Code:
$return .= '<li>' . ( $showAvatar ? ( $avatar . ' ' ) : '' ) . $entryText . '</li>';
to

Line 96:
Code:
$return .= ( $showAvatar ? ( $avatar . ' ' ) : '' ) . $entryText . '<br />';

b) I read this thread www.joomlapolis.com/forum/121-profilebook/147191-profile-book-latest-avatar-size-help-request and tried all sorts of stuff to control the avatar size with no results. Can I hardwire a size into the php output string somehow?
Line 96:
Code:
$return .= ( $showAvatar ? ( $avatar . ' ' ) : '' ) . $entryText . '<br />';

Sorry for the noob questions -- old school programmer going up the web languages learning curve :).

Many thanks,

~Avasa
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Avasa.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #161157 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: mod_cbpblatest output bug and adjustments
Next release will address most if not all your issues as it is substitution driven and can easily be completely customized from the modules parameters. Have made note to rest of team that module needs releasing, sorry do not have a release date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• gingerweb
  • gingerweb
13 years 5 months ago #161889 by gingerweb
Replied by gingerweb on topic Re: mod_cbpblatest output bug and adjustments
Hi.
Just wondering when this next release is likely to happen ?
I have issues with the wrong user being attributed to the latest entry - ie - Fred comments on Mikes Wall - the Module says Mike has commented on his wall.

I found what was supposed to be a fix for this but it doesnt work for me ?
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/121-profilebook/137398-solved-module-cbpblatest-wall-entry-incorrect?limit=6&start=6

there are two instances of "formatname" in the mentioned file and i have tried either and both but all it does for me is remove the names completely.

It does seem to be a fundamental flaw in the module and i wonder if a permanent fix is going to be soon as this was discovered many months ago ?
thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 5 months ago #161904 by krileon
This is a bug with current release that has been addressed with next release. Have mentioned again to team we need to make a release of this version so the known issues can be resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• gingerweb
  • gingerweb
13 years 5 months ago #161912 by gingerweb
Replied by gingerweb on topic Re: mod_cbpblatest output bug and adjustments
thanks - is there a release date yet or at least a patch for this one - im not really sure why anyone would have used it at all yet ?!
cheers

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 5 months ago #161950 by krileon
Sorry, I don't have a release date. Likely soon as we're going through and fixing some issues with profilebook module and profilegallery module to prepare new releases for both.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon