Skip to Content Skip to Menu

no username field on Registration page

• jsrunder
  • jsrunder
13 years 6 months ago #161255 by jsrunder
no username field on Registration page was created by jsrunder
Curious thing...

I've been working on Registrations and I'm not sure what made the 'username' field disappear from the Registration form!

Username is set to show on Registration page and is Required in CB config.

But, I've got CBSubs and various CB and CBSubs plugins installed, and I'm not sure what is over riding. All other tabs that are set to show on the Registration page are showing correctly, but not the username field.

I have J! 1.5.22
CB 1.4
CB Subs 1.1.2
GroupJive 2.1 (going for the upgrade to 2.2 this evening)
Kunena 1.6.3
And various plugins within these components.

I realize this is basic info, but seems there may not be many ways to over ride showing the Username field which is the primary issue. Kunena forums integrations has an issue also not showing forums in module positions, and automatically creating forum categories when new groups are created.

Username not showing on Registration page is the main issue I wish to address here.

Thank you!

J

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 6 months ago #161270 by nant
Check that tab username field is in is published and is public.

• jsrunder
  • jsrunder
13 years 5 months ago #161721 by jsrunder
Replied by jsrunder on topic Re: no username field on Registration page
Thank you, Sir, for this response.

I've discovered something more about the issue.

Original issue which started this thread: The Username field 'disappears' from the Registration form when the "CB Forums" plugin is published. When the plugin is NOT published, the Username field shows on Registration.

Second Clue: When the "CB Forums" plugin is NOT published, a different issue occurs, seemingly related. The Username field now shows in the Registration form, BUT the Username data is not 'stored' in CB User Manager.

The Ajax Username Checker does its job, shows if it's available or not, and DOES allow the registration to complete, including sending the confirmation email. But! next point...

Third Clue: Also, when the confirmation email goes to the new registrant, there is no Username shown where it says:
"Once your email address is confirmed our moderators will be notified to continue the activation process. You will be notified by email of the progress of your registration process.
Email : junk@cmichtech.com
Username : (this area is blank)"

I'm not sure if it's a Kunena configuration issue or within the CB Forum plugin. But, I'm leaning more toward Kunena because it's got a lot more to config incorrectly, on my part.

Again, thank you very much for answering this post with so little information. Anything in particular I can provide to assist finding solution?

Best regards...And thank you again, for the swift response. I will look for a reply sooner this time. You guys are fantastic!

J

PS: This is a pretty huge project, expected to draw approximately 12,000 registered members from various ning communities developed for this project. icaucus.org/20112 is the stage site...in progress.

• jsrunder
  • jsrunder
13 years 5 months ago #161736 by jsrunder
Replied by jsrunder on topic Re: no username field on Registration page
Update: I've found that it's not the CB Forum plugin. Now I'm embarrassed that I didn't research this further before posting. It appears to be something with CBSubs CB Fields plugin. This is obviously something that I set in there. I'll run through and re-config.

Thank you again, for the quick reply, Joomlapolis....

J

• nant
  • nant
13 years 5 months ago #161746 by nant

jsrunder wrote: Update: I've found that it's not the CB Forum plugin. Now I'm embarrassed that I didn't research this further before posting. It appears to be something with CBSubs CB Fields plugin. This is obviously something that I set in there. I'll run through and re-config.

Thank you again, for the quick reply, Joomlapolis....

J

Please post back with solution.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon