Skip to Content Skip to Menu

lists...what are they

• ellare
  • ellare
13 years 6 months ago #161262 by ellare
lists...what are they was created by ellare
is there some other documentation that can help me understand lists a little better? I'm not following the CB1.4 manual very well.

are lists just reports that an admin can create? or is it a physical list of users that might perhaps have something in common and can choose to join when registering?

the FAQ didn't explain either.

how does a user qualify what list they would like to belong to?

say perhaps I wanted a list of all users that love cheesecake and a different list of users that like chocolate cake. can user choose to be in the cheesecake and chocolate cake lists?

i'm confused. do i use this feature in the backend to generate a list by selecting the appropriate fields to search with? or is this list created when users choose what list they want to belong to when they register and/or use site and edit their profile information ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 6 months ago #161271 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: lists...what are they
[mod note: moved to Professional area to better address]

• nant
  • nant
13 years 6 months ago #161272 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: lists...what are they

ellare wrote: is there some other documentation that can help me understand lists a little better? I'm not following the CB1.4 manual very well.

are lists just reports that an admin can create? or is it a physical list of users that might perhaps have something in common and can choose to join when registering?

the FAQ didn't explain either.

how does a user qualify what list they would like to belong to?

say perhaps I wanted a list of all users that love cheesecake and a different list of users that like chocolate cake. can user choose to be in the cheesecake and chocolate cake lists?

i'm confused. do i use this feature in the backend to generate a list by selecting the appropriate fields to search with? or is this list created when users choose what list they want to belong to when they register and/or use site and edit their profile information ?

A user list is constructed by administrators and can be published to be viewed by everyone, registered members or higher groups.

Admins can create as many user lists as possible.

A user list is basically a list of up to 4 columns, where each column contains one or more cb fields in it.

Each user list can also filter which users will appear on it.

Filtering can take place by comparing one or more CB field values to predetermined values.

Example: filter all users that have country field = U.S.A.
This would produce a list of users that have the value U.S.A. in their CB country field.

A user list can also be dynamically filtered based on values of CB fields of viewer.

Example: You can create a Users in my country user list by dynamically filtering the user list with the cb field substitution value [cb_country] (if this is the name of your country field). Such an example is in the documentation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon