Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Problem with Ajax Text field

• jansuhr
  • jansuhr
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #161446 by jansuhr
[SOLVED] Problem with Ajax Text field was created by jansuhr
I have added a Ajax Text field to use as a status field in the profile.
It shows up OK but will not accept any input, when hitting save button I get a message that the session has expired. See attached screen dump.

I am on J1.6.1 and CB 1.4

Jan

Jan Suhr
Nyköping, Sweden
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #161505 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Problem with Ajax Text field
Please ensure you're using version 1.2 of the ajax text fieldtype plugin. If so please navigate to CB configuration and on the integration tab disable spoof session checking and confirm if resolved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jansuhr
  • jansuhr
13 years 6 months ago #161549 by jansuhr
Replied by jansuhr on topic Re: Problem with Ajax Text field
Thanks Kyle,

The error got away with that setting but the text I enter doesn't take. Just a blank field after saving or a hyphen, nothing more.

Jan

Jan Suhr
Nyköping, Sweden

• jansuhr
  • jansuhr
13 years 6 months ago #161552 by jansuhr
If I write something in this field in the backend it works but not from the frontend, is there a permission issue?

Jan

Jan Suhr
Nyköping, Sweden

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #161557 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Problem with Ajax Text field
No idea the cause. Using Joomla 1.6.3, CB 1.4, and CB Ajax Text Fieldtype 1.2 have confirmed working fine. There's likely something causing the failure. I recommend reviewing the Net tab of Firebug when clicking Save to see what is happening with the ajax call. Please make sure your install is up to date. I do know with 1.1 and previous releases the ajax did not work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jansuhr
  • jansuhr
13 years 6 months ago #161586 by jansuhr
I have version 1.2 of it.

The Net tab doesn't react when I do anything with the textfield.
I have also turned off some modules and the Facebook connect.

I'll try making a new field and see what happens.

Jan

Jan Suhr
Nyköping, Sweden

Moderators: beatnantkrileon