Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Problem with Ajax Text field

• jansuhr
  • jansuhr
13 years 6 months ago #161589 by jansuhr
Replied by jansuhr on topic Re: Problem with Ajax Text field
Well, a new field didn't make any difference, it behaved the same.

I notice the same faults in Safari on Mac and in IE8 on Windows. In both cases after I hit save the field get a smaller height and just the title is showing. After that you can not click to enter the editable area, its gone.

After a very short moment IE8 shows a blank page with just what I entered in to this field in the backend.

I also tried the Joomla default template, same error. I use RocketTheme Tachyon on this site.

Jan

Jan Suhr
Nyköping, Sweden

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #161624 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Problem with Ajax Text field
Sounds like you've a JS conflict as the ajax uses jQuery to perform its ajax usage. Please review your browser error log within Firefox when attempting to change the ajax field. More then likely you'll see a fatal JS error. I can not confirm your issue, please test with default Joomla template.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jansuhr
  • jansuhr
13 years 6 months ago #161630 by jansuhr
I have tried it with the Beez2 template and I get the same error.

This is what I get for the ajaxtextfield. No Java errors or warnings.

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'cursor'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: 140-klubben.colorconsult.se/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbajaxtextfield/cb.ajaxtextfield.css
Line: 94

I can live without this one but it would be nice to have.

Its the same site as you took a look at the other day, if you want to check it for yourself.

Jan

Jan Suhr
Nyköping, Sweden

• jansuhr
  • jansuhr
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #161631 by jansuhr
Update:

If I go in to the "Edit my profile" CB menu choice and select the Portrait tab where this filed is located, I can edit and save the text I enter. It will also show up in my profile.

Have I missunderstand the function of this field. I assumed that it would be editable at the frontend (public view) of my profile.

Or do I really have to go in to the edit my profile part to change this field?

Other parts like the Profile Wall works from the front end, it uses Ajax as well, right?

Jan

Jan Suhr
Nyköping, Sweden
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by jansuhr.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #161651 by krileon
Profile Edit of the ajax text fieldtype plugin acts like a normal text field, no ajax, only on profile view does it have ajax usage. The warning you provided is CSS based. Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #161690 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and the problem is due to the Joomla 1.6.x plugin "System - Language Filter". It is intercepting the AJAX post and trying to rewrite its URL, which is causing it to become invalid. the POST response after the rewrite is as follows.

Failed to load source for: [REMOVED]/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=fieldclass&field=cb_minstatus&function=savevalue&user=45&reason=profile&format=raw

Disabling this plugin has resolved your issue. Sorry, I see no other alternative as it is altering and intercepting every URL through your site. This is not a good thing for POST URLs.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon