Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Pages Loading as Blank after restoring Akeeba

13 years 5 months ago #161711 by piggybackup
I found a topic that exactly describes the symptoms I'm having, but it's been locked so I couldn't comment.

I'm running WAMP
I'm running windows 7 pro 64-bit
Apache 2.2.17
MySQL 5.1.53
PHP 5.3.4

It was here: 14239-akeeba-issue .

However, the ioncube installation that solved the original poster's problem hasn't helped at all.

I've also followed the instructions in an ioncube forum for another product that seemed relevant to my situation (running windows 7 Pro 64 bit)

2. To install ioncube do the following:
a). Check the installed PHP version: open your Joomla BackEnd -> help -> System info -> tab “System info” -> PHP Version.
b). Check ‘Thread Safety’ PHP setting: open your Joomla BackEnd -> help -> System info -> tab “PHP Information” -> Thread Safety.
c). Go to ioncube.com ( www.ioncube.com/loaders.php ) and download loaders for your system. You need to download loaders for Windows. If ‘thread safety’ enabled -> download usual loaders. If it is disabled download “Windows (Non-TS)” loaders. Download the file with ‘zip’ extension, not ‘installer’.
d). Create folder ‘ioncube’ in “C:\wamp”. And copy the corresponding loader dll into this folder. If you have PHP 5.2.x installed -> then copy “ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll” into this folder

Note: If you use IIS server or any other server configuration different from WAMP, please do the following: instead of point 'd', create 'ioncube' folder in the folder where PHP is installed or somewhere in IIS or 'Windows' folder.

e). Locate your PHP configuration file. Check it's location: open your Joomla BackEnd -> help -> System info -> PHP Information -> Loaded Configuration File.
f). Edit this php.ini file, find “[zend]” string and add the following before it:
zend_extension_ts= C:\wamp\ioncube\ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll

Note: If you use IIS server or any other server configuration different from WAMP, put any other path to ioncube loader dll.
Please note: In the case if 'thread safety' is disabled in the point 'b', then you should use 'zend_extension' string declaration instead of 'zend_extension_ts'
If after changing your php.ini setings and restarting the server ioncube still doesn't work, try taking the path in quotes: zend_extension_ts="C:\wamp\ioncube\ioncube_loader_ win_5.2.dll". Please use valid double quotes, do not use MS-style quotes instead.

g). If you don’t have ‘[zend]’ line in php.ini -> find the line “; Dynamic Extensions ;” and add this code somewhere below this line.
h). Restart wamp server.

I am wondering if perhaps my version of PHP is somehow 64 bit and therefore not playing nice with the ioncube loader (which has only a 32 bit version for windows?)

Or is my problem totally unrelated to the ioncube?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
-Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 5 months ago #161761 by krileon
No idea what's happening as a blank page can't be debugged without first reviewing your server error logs. Please also enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration. Once done retest and review any errors on-screen. This typically is a memory limit issue, but could also be some other fatal PHP/SQL error. 64bit/32bit doesn't matter, it just needs to match your servers specifications such as VC6 or VC9 and is it thread safe or non-thread safe.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #161765 by piggybackup
Replied by piggybackup on topic Re: Pages Loading as Blank after restoring Akeeba
The only error in my apache error log when logging in is:

[Fri Apr 22 10:41:42 2011] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: C:/wamp/www/favicon.ico

Could the lack of a favicon really be killing the whole page? I remember reading about them, but don't know where I could have requested that the system use one...

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 5 months ago #161769 by krileon
No, please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration. Once done reproduce the error and review any on-screen errors. If none review server error log.

Please note if using PHP.ini to enable ioncube loader the PHP.ini file must be in your Joomla root and root/administrator.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #161773 by piggybackup
Replied by piggybackup on topic Re: Pages Loading as Blank after restoring Akeeba
I have debug and maximum error reporting enabled. On pages that are working fine, I get lots of debug information at below the rendered page/content. Stuff like, PROFILE INFORMATION, MEMORY USAGE, # of queries logged, Language Files Loaded, Untranslated Strings Diagnostic, Untranslated Strings Designer.

However, on the page that comes up blank (my "Register" page) I get no rendered page/content as well as no debug info.

To view the Server Error Logs I am clicking my WAMP system try icon->Apache->Apache Error log.

Is this the log that I should be viewing? I've noticed some new issues while doing so.

When I try to load the registration page, I find absolutely no info in the Apache error log.

However, when I try to log in to the administrator backend (mysite/administrator/ I am experiencing strange behavior.

1) Community builder and Paid Subscriptions (CBSubs) admin menus are rendering above all other menus as File Tree style indented lists of links.

2) The remaining administrator menus are rendering as standard buttons, but clicking them produces no action

3) Apache Error log states:
Code:
[Fri Apr 22 12:35:58 2011] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: C:/wamp/www/administrator/plugins, referer: http://localhost/Administrator/index.php [Fri Apr 22 12:35:58 2011] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: C:/wamp/www/administrator/includes/js/joomla.javascript.js, referer: http://localhost/Administrator/index.php

There seem to be lots of files that don't exist.

Examples of other missing files in Apache Error Log:

[Fri Apr 22 10:42:34 2011] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: C:/wamp/www/administrator/media, referer: http://localhost/Administrator/
[Fri Apr 22 10:42:40 2011] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: C:/wamp/www/administrator/administrator, referer: http://localhost/Administrator/index.php
[Fri Apr 22 10:42:40 2011] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: C:/wamp/www/administrator/plugins, referer: http://localhost/Administrator/index.php

Could it be that my Akeeba backup didn't properly backup or restore, or is it more likely that my Joomla settings are causing the local installation to look for information that is available in standard installs, but not in my own?

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 5 months ago #161774 by krileon
Sounds like you've file or database corrupt as a result of the backup. No idea what more to suggest as stated it worked before the backup restore. Perhaps trying to restore the backup once more or starting from scratch is best approach.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon