Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CraZy stuff going on... Error 42 on registration

• Taboga
  • Taboga
13 years 5 months ago #161720 by Taboga
When I try to register a new name and contact info I get the following error, but the new info shows up in my users -however, some of their info is missing (Like name etc)
ALSO! On my registration page-some of the icons are missing for required field. And then I have problems with alignment- some of my fields are askew. vetsinpain.org

42 - Failed to update contact: COM_CONTACT_WARNING_SAME_NAME

You may not be able to visit this page because of:

an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
a mistyped address
you have no access to this page
The requested resource was not found.
An error has occurred while processing your request.

Please try one of the following pages:

Home Page

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 5 months ago #161757 by krileon
No idea what has been done, but something wrong with your site. Registration for instance has no fields. You need to ensure at least the core fields of name (any of the 4 fields), username, password, and email are present. Additionally the params field needs to be published on a published and public tab, but does not have to be enabled from CB configuration.

The error provided is not complete and does not show the call stack (what file and what code line) the error is on, please provide full details. Always test with debug mode enabled and error reporting set to maximum in Joomla global configuration.

Please review your included documentation for installation and configuration instructions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Taboga
  • Taboga
13 years 5 months ago #161788 by Taboga
But Kyle, CB worked before! I have not done anything to my site except to change the template to a rocket theme template. I swear it was working (you checked it!) and then I switched to this template and get this error and messed up registration. I was using funlite and everything worked, then I went to Hybrid and I am having tons of problems. It's either I have a great looking website, or leave it generic and functional? I should be able to have both. There isn't anything wrong with the website other than a different template. I asked the same question on Rocket Theme and they wanted to know if your feedback was helpful. You guys must be sitting next to each other or something? Can you help me figure this out? I am not as stupid as I sound.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 5 months ago #161790 by krileon

But Kyle, CB worked before! I have not done anything to my site except to change the template to a rocket theme template. I swear it was working (you checked it!) and then I switched to this template and get this error and messed up registration.

Probably a good indicator the template is messing up your site then. CB is not a timebomb and never will it just suddenly stop working. Something was done by you (changed template) or possibly even your host (unlikely) to cause the issues you're experiencing. If it was working fire before installing extension XYZ then extension XYZ is probably the cause.

You guys must be sitting next to each other or something?

Us and rocket theme? Of course not, we're not affiliated with one another in any way, shape, or form. We've had numerous users with numerous issues pertaining to rocket theme templates. Most issues typically due to over zealous and conflicting JS.

Can you help me figure this out?

This doesn't seam like CB or even Joomla fault, but issue with your template directly. Does switching back to default Joomla template or even Funlite template resolve your issue? Will do the best I can to the extent of our products, but we can't fix other developers extensions; just not enough time or rather knowledge of their product to do this.

I am not as stupid as I sound.

Of course not! No one here is stupid and apologize if anyone has made you feel as such.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon