Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Content didnt show with FB and Twitter Connect

• brimberry
  • brimberry
13 years 5 months ago #161919 by brimberry
Hi,

i changed the permissions for "CB Content" that only registered users can see the Menu.

I can see the Menü, if i logged in with a super user or normal registred user account.

But if i were am logged with Facebook or Twitter Connect, i see no "CB Content" or menu.

Where can be the problem?

brimberry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 5 months ago #161945 by krileon
Please provide further details. Joomla release? CB release? Have you ran debug procedures found in Help Us Help You FAQ?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• brimberry
  • brimberry
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #162004 by brimberry
I find nothing in FAQ, forums or via the joomla debug modus.

It's also with CB Connect.

My system:
Joomla 1.6.3
CB 1.4.0

i tried:
CB Connect 1.0.4
or
CB Facebook Connect 1.3
or
CB Twitter 1.1

I have the problem also with a menu, that only can see registred users. I tried also a new install of Joomla with Community Builder, but there is the same problem. I think, if the users were generated from facebook or twitter, then they get not the full permissions. But they were displayed as "registered user".

If i changed the permission from CB Content for public users, then i can see it in all user accounts and all visitors of the site, but it is not the sense.

But strange is, that the users were generated over the registration of CB Login, have the rights as "registred user" and can see the CB Content. I don't understand why it is not working with users they generated over CB Connect.

brimberry
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by brimberry.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 5 months ago #162009 by krileon
Please check that the users are properly created and have correct usergroup within CB User Management in backend. I personally have tested none of those integrations on Joomla 1.6.x. Primarily because Joomla has a absolute disregard for developers and continually breaks our work. There are known issues with CB 1.4 and Joomla 1.6.3. I suggest rolling back to Joomla 1.6.1 which is last known working release. At this point am not sure of the cause and will need to investigate further. All 3 integrations use CB API to create users so is not much different from registering on the site or creating the user from backend. Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• brimberry
  • brimberry
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #162026 by brimberry
I think, it is a bug!

I checked in CB User Management, that the FB account are provided with "registred user" permissions. It is all ok.

I ve done following experiment:

I ve set a new password for the FB User account in the CB User management. Then i logged in with CB Login and it shows me the CB Content.

Then i logged with the FB login button in
Here it shows me no CB Content or other Menus with "registred user" permissions.

I will send you the login credential via PM

brimberry
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by brimberry.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 5 months ago #162037 by krileon
Reviewed your install and not sure what the cause is at this time. Have made a note to investigate further, but seams session related or something of the sort. User appears created correctly. Even re-saving the user in Joomla and CB had no effect in resolving the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon