Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Emails - How To Set This Up?

13 years 5 months ago #162148 by Hotties Wrestle
CB Emails - How To Set This Up? was created by Hotties Wrestle
Hello,

I'd like to use CB Emails to have users able to subscribe to others users when the one they subscribe to updates certain things on their profile. Is this possible? I can't figure out how to do it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 5 months ago #162255 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Emails - How To Set This Up?
CB Emails can not do this. CB Emails allows sending emails at various CB triggers such as after registration, login, profile update, etc.. It is not a newsletter subscriber or anything of the sort.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #162296 by Hotties Wrestle
Replied by Hotties Wrestle on topic Re: CB Emails - How To Set This Up?
Is there anything that can do this? This was kinda the whole reason I signed up because I was told that it could do this when I asked someone from the contact form..

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 5 months ago #162308 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Emails - How To Set This Up?
You can send emails after the profile update trigger, but that's about it; it will not allow users to subscribe to receive those updates. It's possible with the combination of integrations you might be able to achieve this, but would be extremely complicated and require a email per field as CB Emails and many other integrations can only have a single conditional. It's possible the wording had mislead the one who responded to your email and apologize for the confusion.

You're likely going to need a custom integration to do this and even then not quite sure how you'd go about it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon